Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 22, 2019.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    damsel hd got fugly ;p.

2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    She just did not say that in a trailer. That some cheesy lol moment there.

Move and the back of your head is going to be so full of phosphorus it will be a war crime

3. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    The announcement: https://twitter.com/VtM_Bloodlines/status/1293064749157167105

Yeah, was known for quite a while on the discord before they made the official announcement.I am a little disappointed by the delay, but in the end, I'm actually happy they made the decision.
    I'll happily be patient so they can give it extra polish and attention so history doesn't repeat itself.

Also, releasing it later so it doesn't compete for attention against Cyberpunk & AC Valhalla during the holiday season might actually help the title. At least I hope so.
    [​IMG]

4. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    this is one of the best games iv ever played\re-played for years. 2021 or 2022
    is fine by me, the date of release is far less important if the final game will be as
    good as the first Bloodlines. if not as good.. worthy of the title also works.

5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Good.
    They do not delay it because of the Cyberpunk. The game is not ready and that's it.
    I just hope they will listen to Mitsoda. I believe in him.

6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Delay it and add third person so my wife can play it! :)

7. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ^ why some of use felt that preordring this was not the best idea in the universe.

still at this stage how much more could they change the story and etc? isnt it mostly polish and bug fixing?

could mean a ton or very little if the story and writing is done and over.

9. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    I like to think that you're right, hope you are. Would make sense that the narrative / story was done for the game before the delay was announced.

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I am so waiting for this. I been searching for my Vampire : The Masqueraded Manul lore book. 106 pages for most of which just lore. that thing is collectable to some people. it not here at house in NC so it probably in NJ house still

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Changing such important positions a very, very short time before the game actually should have been released in the first place is far from a good sign.

Embra likes this.
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  13. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    other similar cases in the past didn't do well to the final game released. lead narrative designer leaving or dismissed w\e the real case is, just can't see anything positive here. looking at the first Bloodlines conclusions after years.. the narrative\world is actually its best strength. game had plenty of bugs\glitches and it's still considered a masterpiece to date among many fans. so.. yeah, this is a step back i hope im wrong here.

14. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Brian Mitsoda would be quite the opposite. His approach to narrative is a bit bleak and more or less rooted in old pulp detective stories (which is also WoD storytelling in general).

There is no chosen one aspect, there is nothing special about you (your character), the world will exist with or without you.

[​IMG]

coc, Embra, fantaskarsef and 2 others like this.
  15. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    This is very disappointing. :(

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Was already on the fence about this one, this recent move... pretty much clenched it.
    I'll wait and see how the game turns out before purchasing.

G*addict and angelgraves13 like this.
  17. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    interesting to see the examples he picked. all three are remarkable games with some of the best narratives each on its own.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont knowwhy any of the crap matter it game.

SJW/LGBT female protagonists/leads what does mater any of that in game. it it works in the story and plot what does it matter?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Because bitter people with miserable lives enjoy nothing more than hating on a demographic that they think don't matter because it's a different demographic to them.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I'm super confused why LGBT is being associated with sjw, the two things are not the same thing.

I was asking because every video game I was looking forward too in the past few years where some of the main developers turned out to be a "sjw" resulted in the video game having an absolutely horrible story with horrible characters, I am going to be very clear here, this does not mean the sexual preference of fictional characters or what sex said fictional characters associate as.

With the two developers being let go, I was wondering if someone higher up has seen the backlash for other "sjw" led video games and wanted to stamp it out by getting rid of the two developers, but from the looks of it that doesn't seem to be the case.

I associate "sjw" with bad video games that have horrible characters and terrible stories, after TLOU2......... I'm just over it, I'm sick of being tricked, which is why I was asking as I am looking forward to this video game.