1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 22, 2019.

1. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
  2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I wonder how many people know this is the 3rd game in the series? It feels like no one other than me played the first one :p

Undying and serbicu like this.
  4. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    The first game was one of the first games I ever played on the PC. Back in the good old CD days where I was young and had no idea what a graphics card was. Even today at age 31 I still think over it fondly. Great atmosphere and point and click mechanics as well as story. So, so good. Tempted to get it again (if it is available digitally) and have a play through.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I am guessing a large portion of people who will be getting into Bloodlines 2 will be younger than Redemption.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Looks pretty sweet :)

7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Saw a gameplay video with a total n00b with a controller sensitivity down to 0.00001. Really makes the game look bad when you can't even hit someone right in front of you. Hope this game will be better near release.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    IGN by any chance? Lol. Its often IGN with the noobs playing...

Edit: Sigh, the video posted from serbicu obviously is from IGN. Framedrops and cracking sound, nice..
    Haha, it seems like this is the video you watched Doc, haha. Omg, cant watch this guy....and like i said, IGN, hahahahahah.

Heres another one played by a dev.

and it seems like all videos from the game in 1080p looks like 480p and have heavy framedrops and cracking sound, yikes.
    Edit: Okay...this is the same video posted by IGN and its played by a dev!?!? Holy moly....no words...

They stilll have a lot of work to do on the game with only 9 months away and somehow i doubt it will be a smooth release. Im predicting bad reviews (the 1st weeks) and well..we'll see. ;)

What i now saw from the latest gameplay reduces my expectations for this game, sadly...i dont know if this game will have a good release start. Pre-Alpha, 9 months away..the whole presentation in this video is kind of shitty. I would be ashamed to show something like this, again, sadly...i have to say this. Chances are high they gonna postpone it anyway. Good that Cyberpunk is coming one month later so i dont have to deal with this game at launch anway..

btw. you saw theres literally no emotions in the faces? The face and emotions always look the same no matter what emotion you would expect when you see them saying something. And its not lipsync - sure these can be fixed but somehow i doubt they will, cos those things normally have a really low priority in the development.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    DocStrangelove and fantaskarsef like this.
  9. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    well the first game had clunky combat. was full with sound glitches \ strange bugs and its still
    to-date a masterpiece. i think the voice acting, the quality of the quests and storytelling, the atmosphere
    and characters made Bloodlines a real gem among other games. so far my impression is good, the
    voice acting is very good i can't see anything forced or fake, i agree the face expressions looks
    a bit meh.. but still acceptable.. nothing dramatic about it. also - the script from what iv seen so far
    is decent.. dosen't look like C grade writing like Andromeda for example.

10. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    The first game is unfinished.

11. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    and its still one of the best games i have ever played on PC. probably not the only
    one to say it ;/

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Right right, i also think its one of the best games ive played.
    But different times today. You think the game will be as great as the 1st one if the 2nd releasing in 9 months would have the same bugs? I very highly doubt that. Im also not the only one with this opinion about the current state and what we saw in the latest video.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'm still far more interested/excited for Bloodlines 2 then I am Outer Worlds.

Also, it's worth noting, that demos/builds used for public conventions and shows... are normally very, very old and out of date builds.
    It's a big drain on the studio to keep making newer, updated demos, as they take a lot of time and resources away from the game itself. This build is probably months old by now.

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yes, you're probably right. Still, what i saw is a really big let down. Maybe their intent was to make it look like Bloodlines 1, haha.

15. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    They have stated that it's pre-alpha. And nobody likes to release unfinished games.

I agree.
    But what's the point of talking about bugs and glitches if the game is unfinished.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Which i stated also multiple times now. And with only 9 months away...dont want to repeat myself..

Presentation to just say one. Other games in this state have a better state in the same (current) development process. A small part is done, polished to be shown in the public.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    But, sometimes for development reasons, it's quicker to cut a small slice out of an older build and use that for press demos.
    While the full game keeps moving forward.

You have to decide which is more important, slow down development on the game to polish up a press demo. Or, cut a short chunk out of an older build and keep development moving full speed on the full game.
    Personally, I'm more of a fan of option two. The demo displays "Pre-Alpha", which gives the cue that it is very early, very rough... and I'd rather see the studios time spent on the full game.

Not wasted building a demo meant for press, specially when these demos... even the polished up ones that costs development teams months to make, are outpaced by the main game before they are even shown.
    My friend Dayne told me when he worked for Monolith, when FEAR 2 was first shown... the demo they used, was almost 6 months old when it was shown to press and public. But, the studio didn't feel like putting the full game on hold to build a newer demo.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Understandable. I just hope im wrong with my "prediction" i stated earlier. But people (the mass) tend do express feelings about the things they saw with recent gameplays or shown demos. No matter the state of the shown.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, I know.
    I've seen plenty of people look at prototype footage, or proof of concept footage... and ignore every disclaimer and comment from the team or presenter. And just talk about how rough everything looks.

And, even when given final footage, no matter how good it could look... there will always be someone who thinks it's awful.
    I've long since stopped caring what the popular opinion is. :)

I think Bloodlines 2 will be a lot of fun, and I'm very excited for it.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    The videos look,is OK.Something looked off to me.This one has not got my attention yet to pre-order.
    I am sure it will later on down the road.