1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 22, 2019.

1. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    well i find both of your comments interesting. might even add that on some level i think making a new Bloodlines game
    could be a failure since the first game despite its technical issues was nothing less than a masterpiece. played every
    quest, every race - twice and some even more, i remember everything from Santa Monica to the final farewell i gave the prince.
    but - its been 15 years since the first game came out. having even 1 leading guy on the developing team from the
    original game is FINE by me. i honestly thought this is not a game that will get a sequel.

i prefer this situation over a different one with BioWare \ EA \ Bethesda are making a Bloodlines game.

so unless its CDRP or maybe the guys that developed God of War.. i can live with the current developing team
    and hope they will deliver..

eventually its really great news a sequel is only year away. if it won't deliver we can always
    install the first game. :)

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I still own the orginal PC retail box version from back in the day, and the Steam version, and the GOG versions...........so i should get this for free, right. lol

But yeah this was a nice surprise.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    there was so much depth in the og bloodlines hell playing as a nos? or that psycho class? they did things you had not seen since the og deus ex? rpg wise. if it was not marred with bugs and lack of time, it would have been a instant classic but it took a bit and a few user made patches.

I think rightly we can worry the this game will follow the modern trend of big budget on everything but the role play part of the game. Since voice acting is not cheap and the more rpg you got the more lines you need to write and record and animate possibly. There was some amazing variation in some characters lines in bloodlines depending on how you answered them or treated them.

And if no attack helicopter gender no buy. So glad they had to virtue signal now i wonder if they will rely on tumbler for their pronouns or dictionaries because one is hell of alot more legit than the other but 10 10 pandering bs virtue signaling.

4. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Logged on steam to a giant 90$ pre-order ad for this..
    Smell gets nastier the more i see of this. Like someone's trying to cash in hard before someone catches on

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I'm guessing the ad is there since the game became a best seller on Steam shortly after the announcement.

Even though the game is not out yet......

That's what you call a lot of thirsty vampires.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Season pass? Man, frack you...so its already clear they make extra content just for extra money...i thought devs would go different ways now, guess not everyone. Also never heard of them either.

fantaskarsef and RzrTrek like this.
  7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB 144hz
    [​IMG]

I saw the trailer and was impressed, but now I just feel like "meh" and won't bother. I've also had it with these ridiculous 24h "early access" pre-order deals, oh well, the 2020 steam winter sale will be interesting... ;)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yeah..reminds me of uplay/EA "service" now with their preorder early access (play days before "normal" people) crap, sigh.

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Yeah I agree.... although to be fair, Paradox are the Knights of DLCs that usually add up to 200% of the base games price regularly. Particularly their self developed games are like that.
    Hency my worry about them going even more cash grab to get in bed with Epic.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yeah true, but only when they are developing the game? Like Hoi4, Stellaris, EU4, etc.

11. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    A season pass is an indication that the game won't be abandoned post-launch. It's usually a good thing.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, the good thing, is this time they are developing on an established engine.
    Unlike the previous game that was being built on an unfinished build of an engine. And hell, they were never given access to a finished build of Source.
    Nor were they able to actually finish the game before it was pushed out into the world.

And even with those problems, still stands as a great damn game.

cerebus23 likes this.
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    What engine is being used this time?

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    IIRC they are using Unreal Engine 4.
    The studio was hiring people with UE4 experience some time back.

KissSh0t likes this.
  15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o

16. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    that preorder chart looks like something out of EA or activision.

they must be so proud.

lest that chart nonsense SHOULD be limited to epic games less they really going to relaunch the game a year later on steam. which i doubt, hell should be a full season pass of dlc included to boot. we might get the best deal ever on steam.

and and expansion pass decidedly old skool of them or a milking strategy. expansion implies substantial content. maybe find out in two years.

18. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    If it comes even close I will be incredibly surprised. Although the original had its faults, it was a stellar game.. I have a hard time believing the same level of love will go into this new game.

19. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia

Here's me Mashing X rapidly

20. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti