Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    They have had some questionable decisions way earlier in development, so all these people leaving seems just like the result of them. Paradox forums are also full of people having concerns and doubts, which could be easily satisfied with some gameplay showcase, yet there is nothing.

For me it was a wait and see title for some time. Now even more so.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I opted to get Cyberpunk instead of Bloodlines 2. And, since... Bloodlines has been delayed, with no solid release date, fired key people, had key people leave...
    I think I made the right decision. No matter how much I loved the first Bloodlines... this one just feels like a train wreck waiting to happen.

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    A few staff have left, including the lead developer. All is not well.

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    And the narrative leads. Yeah, this is a sinking ship.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    wth I thought this was about to launch, instead of...

Release:

6. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3080
    I shudder to think what this game will be with all the rumors abound. All the narrative leads turfed... and a lot of mentions that perhaps the game is being taken to a more PG type rating, it's almost like the saga of the first game all over again.

I'm very skeptical this game will be any good anymore.

7. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    I tried to be optimistic but it seems they're insistent on making it impossible over and over and over again.
    At this point it feels like we aren't witnessing a dumpster fire but fading out stinker smoke of said fire, release would be just like gazing into burned out dumpster to see what's left.

By all means i hope they'll prove me wrong but man, it doesn't feel like it from where i'm standing.

Embra, fantaskarsef and KissSh0t like this.
  8. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    I would recommend not not pre-ordering this one sadly. I never do anyways.

I was really excited about this game, now I am hoping for a pleasant surprise.

9. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    from what iv read so far on this saga, Brian worked years on the narrative\project. so with everything being said earlier, good chance that most of his work\ideas has already been implanted so i cant completely give up on this title but most definitely a pre-order is a no go.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I starting to wonder if this gona be releas with all new of people leaving the project

11. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    Majority of people who left due to one reason or another were high level creative personnel, generally for a project at this stage of development you shouldn't really need writers or narrative leads because if project went anyhow reasonably according to the plan, then story, narrative and everything should be locked and implemented for a game this close to release.
    It's not uncommon that people like this are contract workers who are just meant to do what they were contracted to and then the contract simply expires and they move on, even if game is still well in development in other aspects.

Of course this is just how it usually goes in the industry, in this particular case it sure doesn't sound that encouraging because some of the people, like Mitsoda were essentially core and face of the project so having them "leave" on more or less agreeable terms is still a worrying sign.

What i said above kinda clashes with the fact that the game was announced with a season pass with 2 story expansions, so unless they're all mostly made by this point (which i doubt), who is going to write them and then oversee the implementation if all key personnel for that was let go?

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Design, narrative... and leads in general... should be on board for the entire project.
    Having a lead leave... at any point is a bad thing. And having multiple leads leave a project is a giant red flag.

Just because a project is further in development, doesn't mean it doesn't still need a narrative lead to keep things focused. To double check certain elements, change or rewrite others.
    Remember, that narrative, story and characters are not always nailed in first thing.
    Several games actually keep working on those aspects up to the final day.

Embra and cerebus23 like this.
  13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  14. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    kill me now please.

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i think she was the one anet booted for her bs with the community.

this game is a bad joke i wager.

16. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    Interesting consideration is that first game didn't launch in great shape either, nor did it ever really get into good shape.
    It's just that it's core, with all the surrounding flaws was so great that people like Wesp5 kept going on it for over next decade.

Even in worst case, will people be able to do the same with Bloodlines 2? Will there even be a core worth salvaging?
    Because being based on UE4 and having promised full mod support, going Bethesda on it and delegating community to fix issues and holes wouldn't be hard.

I just wonder whether the community will bother at this point.

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    except i not talking about bl i am taling about guild wars and her role in picking picks with the community and taking credit for more then she did and people calling her on it.

if she is the same person she is as toxic as they come. and they hired her.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    wrong person, Samantha Wallschlaeger was let go with last years mass layoffs.

Jessica Price was the one fired for her twitter bullshit towards a streamer who had a better grasp of narrative construction than she did.

19. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    i believe this is a different case. im familiar with the great work Wesp5 and others worked for years on the unofficial patch, bringing many
    wanted fixes to the game. Bloodlines as you said wasn't in a good shape on launch but the problems were very much different. the narrative, quests,
    writing, voice acting.. all those things that built the atmosphere of the game were top top notch. game had quest bugs, sound and graphic glitches and other things the unofficial patches improved. so the question remains - if the game itself is gonna be mediocre in its writing much like the infamous Andromeda, why would anyone even bother with fixing it ? more so, i think that this is a huge advantage of the first game being so well written, it
    drove people like Wesp5 to fix things Troyka didn't.

20. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I've cleaned up this thread a bit, can we stay on topic, please? Thanks!

KissSh0t likes this.