1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 22, 2019.

1. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    fantaskarsef and KissSh0t like this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    omg? by whom?

3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Hardsuit Labs is the name of the developer. This is intriguing. After all this time, a new VtM:B is coming. I'm tempted to pre-order before it possibly goes exclusive to Epic.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Lightning
    I'm very interested - but can it live up to the first game?

5. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    HOLY... Bloodlines... one of my top-5 on PC. game was a gem for its time despite bugs, glitches.

this is surprising news. will follow it.. :)

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Well, there's the extensive Unofficial patch for the glitches ;)

7. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    yeah i know, i finished it like 10 times. last time was like 2 years ago, discovered the unofficial
    patch very early. just wanted to make a point that despite the bugs the game was a gem.. full of
    talent.

anyway - i am reading some stuff about it on the internet and it looks like some of the original writers
    are included in the development of the second game.

8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    It's definitely a promising concept, and the setting has plenty of room for more stories / games. I just hope that it doesn't get mired in some controversy a week before launching.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Hmmm. What's the chances Paradox stays with steam? That's the question on my mind. Would love to preorder but...

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    After Mass Effect: Andromeda I will never pre-order.

HandR likes this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Along with the Steam page posted above it will also be available on multiple stores.... now if only more devs could be not stupid like this when dealing with epic.

https://www.gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_bloodlines_2

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/vampire-the-masquerade---bloodlines-2/VMVM01GSK0000001-MASTER.html

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/home

*edit*

Seems the dates are different for Steam and Gog... 2020 March 31 or April,, which is it! xD

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  12. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Well, this is a Day 1 one for me. Pre-ordered on GoG and looking forward to this, more so than anything else.

lucidus likes this.
  13. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Well Chris and Brian Mitsoda are involved, so this should be it.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/va...dox-hardsuit-labs.106909/page-9#post-19102322

Some info on the game, putting it in a spoiler tag just in case.

Okay, watched the stream and read a few impressions from news outlets. Gonna try and compile all the info so far into a single post

• Brian Mitsoda is lead writer (just like the original) alongside Avellone and Cara Ellison (who in particular wrote most of the side quests)
    • Set in Seattle
    • Seamless hub world
    • Direct (yes, you heard that right) sequel to 2004's Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
    • Takes place 15 years after Bloodlines
    • Game starts off with a Mass Embrace at Pioneer Square where player is among the new vampires born from the event, you're captured and brought upon a court of prominent vampires like the first game to recount the events of the mass embrace before being sentenced to death, court is firebombed and you escape, thrust into Seattle to find out who's responsible
    • Player is a thinblood at first, later on you can choose a clan
    • No quest markers
    • First-person with contextual third-person actions just like Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided.
    • Fan-favourite characters from Bloodlines returning
    • You can use telekenesis, turn into mist to go through vents and glide
    • You can scale buildings, there's an emphasis on verticality
    • Level design is very reminiscent of the original Deus Ex in the sense that you're offered many different pathways to approach a particular scenario
    • Way more dialogue than Bloodlines
    • Huge emphasis on character creation. You can choose your background, gender pronoun, employment history, body type and fashion
      “We’re interested in providing a very robust roleplaying experience for the player with something were they can really identify with their character by fine tuning and providing lots of options for them to do that,” says Rachel Leiker, UX/UI designer at Hardsuit Labs.
    • Loads of secrets and hidden pathways to find
    • Seattle as a hub world is described as "very active", crowds gather outside clubs and muggers prey on victims in side allies, all seamlessly done.
    • Main side-questline involves hunting down and finding all the other thinblood created from the Mass Embrace, each will have their own story about entering into their new life e.g you might find a married thinblood struggling to deal with their newfound powers
    • Blood resonance from VtM 5th edition will appear in this game. Using your enhanced vampire senses, you can see when NPCs are experiencing an intense emotion like fear, desire, pain, joy and anger. Humans give off a bright aura. Drinking a person with a strong resonance will give you an immediate bonus to things like melee power or seduction. If you drink a particular resonance constantly, you will acquire a taste for it and this will give you permanent buffs called "merits".
      “You might determine as a player that you want to focus on this resonance, or these two. That’s going to drive your hunting experience in the hub, and what types of people you’re looking for,” he said. “It’s important for us to make sure that the player can express themselves in a way that is consistent with who they are as a player, both in gameplay and in customisation.”
    • If you continuously suck on people's blood in full view of the public, they'll be less wary of going to those areas and you'll see less citizens wandering the streets (!!)
    • Game has modding support, available Day 1
    • Emphasis on fluid combat, using vampiric speed to slide in and out of melee range and slash people and execute them with melee weapons. You can get special cinematic finishers in combat when you execute people a la Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Counters are in. Guns exist and are treated as temporary opportunities, you pick em up, use it, then discard it and move on.
    • NPCs can react to you depending on what background you chose for your character in character creation
      Depending on this choice, you'll experience different alterations in the world as you explore. For example, if you choose the "Cop" background and visit a police station, there's a good chance someone on duty will recognize you. Alternatively, you could select the "Barista" background, and no one will remember you or give you a second look. The world is reactive to your character and your choices, the team says - and the effects of those choices can be far-reaching story consequences or something as simple as what pronoun NPCs refer to you with.
    No news on who's doing the soundtrack so far :[

cerebus23 and Angantyr like this.
  15. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I already own the previous one on GOG, so this will fit nicely!

lucidus likes this.

16. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    I had a vague hope they wouldn't base it on 5th edition, but I guess I can't fault them for doing it.

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Maybe this one will be allowed to finish development before it's released.
    And... maybe... it'll be developed on a finished version of an engine.

I love Bloodlines, but, the first game had a bunch of hurdles it had to overcome. And even with those large problems, it was still a damn great game.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    • Game has modding support, available Day 1
    Thats HYPE.

Just make it a HUGE open world.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    two major concerns stemming from the same root: one, 5th edition of pen&paper masquerade drove many fans of the game away entirely, infuriated others, & many pretend to this day that it doesnt even exist. why? because it was sociopolitical agitation propaganda that detracted from the game & conflicted with the games established lore. it was such a big deal that white wolf was forced to restructure its company in the aftermath.

two, cara ellison: ie the neon-haired creature who got hotline miami 2 banned in australia because of her blogposts on rockpapershotgun, & who joined, & then ruined the writing team of dishonored 2, is involved as "senior writer" of this new game. lets listen to wat she has to say about where the game is headed.
    polygon published her book, so by golly, shes a writer, even if you couldnt tell from listening to her. she goes on to talk about how the first game was a male power fantasy & she wants bloodlines 2 to broaden its appeal to "way more people this time". because the first game presenting you as an insignificant cog in a supernatural political scheme who faces multiple incredibly strong, varied, well-written female characters who are invaluable linchpins to the entire society of supernatural creatures...yes, the beloved game that is acclaimed by everyone who has ever played it...that dated, sexist, niche game needs to appeal to more people. by literally adding made-up gender pronouns into the game, apparently (thats happening, read the interview on eurogamer)

do you think vampires & werewolves & fucking ghosts give a crap wat humans refer to their physiological sex as? heres a hint: they dont. it doesnt concern them, & neither does the human political landscape. it doesnt affect them in any way. the entire point of the masquerade is that the humans are sheep to be cultivated & farmed. their only threat is in their overwhelming number, & vampire society pretends to take part in human affairs in order to control them further.

let me be clear: the first game is my favorite game of all time. i trust brian mitsoda (in an autonomous vacuum) to create an immersive, compelling world. its influence from outside the realm of gaming injecting itself into the dev team atmosphere that worries me, & cara ellisons presence is an ominous red flag.

20. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Almost impossible to live up to the first game. Actually makes it rather easy for this one to wait and see if it's worth picking up post release when the actual quality of this product and not the cult classic name association becomes the driving factor for buying.