Valve: Pirates Are Just Underserved Customers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Denial, Jan 18, 2009.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    So are you ordering your games in poland / uk now ?

im sure gonna look into it, i feel like a thief of my own wallet now lol

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Not long ago , its freash. (Thread created on 17-12-2008) <- OMG Old, run for your lifes.

Long ago = 1year+.

Now PISS OFF if you dont understand us..

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  3. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    @Aura, if you hate complaining so much, why are you constantly complaining about people complaining?

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    it's annoying :)

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    old news, period.

6. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    /signed

7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Is that suppose to be proof of why steam type services are better?
    Theres no excuse for not being responsible enough to take care of your stuff. Its just like every other physical product, there are proper ways of handling and caring for it. I still have sega CD's in mint condition!

Its a fine personal reason to go steam if you like it, but dont use it as an excuse for others to example why their preference is wrong or has a flaw.

Storage backups are everyones individual responsiblity. Lazyiness is not an example to show why steam is better,it just shows you prefer to be lazy and dont want to hold yourself responsable for not taking care of stuff all of which is perfectly fine and nothing wrong with anyones choice of obtaining games, the legal choices that is.

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    i wasn't saying that it's wrong to have CD's, personally, i like having CD's, typically it's faster to install etc. (untill download rates become much faster then current), i was just saying it is a plus having games on steam that you never have to worry about: Did i lose the CD-Key, did i scratch the CD, danget i accidently stepped on the CD and broke it in half, etc. etc. etc., OR, even, "Oh crap, my entire house just burnt down, there goes my computer, my games, my everything! thankfully everything on steam i can get back"

9. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Games are idiotically cheap in Poland...but related to the average income just as expensive as here or even more.

10. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    I also was not all that happy when steam converted to euros for the euro market. It has madesome games a lot more expensive to get off steam (In uk you can get games at most retail stores for £30-25 when they come out, well from my experience anyway either through etail or some retail stores). This becomes more evident as out economy and the strength of the pound goes down the ****ter like it has done. It is difficult for the US guys to understand this as you just don't have this problem.

However!!!...., I still like steam as a service. It's easy to link up with your mates in servers if they are playing and its a no bs way of playing multiplayer games. TF2 is one of the only games I have bought off steam, however I have really enjoyed the experience of playing the game with such ease. I think the steam europe community has every right to complain when your not really getting any tangible property for your purchase, however overall I would say i think steam as a system has more positives then negatives.

11. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    True but, when it was in $ on Steam it was quite competative, more,
    when 1$ was 2.3PLN, games on steam was cheaper than in shop.

New games were like 120 PLN(50$) , while in shop 120-150...
    tho you got it easier/faster off steam. now its gone.
    Long live shops :p

12. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    Was going to buy a few games off of Steam but the 1-1 USD to Euro conversion completely turned me off. I should have whored out while it was still using the USD prices.

13. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    I wonder if they even track ppl using Proxies.

Its not in their intrest to ban their customer , its totaly not economical.

I have high doubts that any actions would be taken against you if you use USA Proxy.

I Might dare to try that on few cheap games and see what happens.

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    lol, i can get those back too...its called insurance payoff and ebay.
    however, if my house burnt down, games would be the farthest from my mind.
    how about "oh crap, my family!, my cats!, my 60" tv!...lol f*** the stupid games.