Valve Announces Left 4 Dead 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Aura89, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I'll give you one example: cs source will not be updated and fixed until their sales rates drop and they need to bring some new life into the game.

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    so because one game that is isn't being updated as you (and me i will not deny) would like, that automatically makes Valve become EA? even though an older game, CS 1.6, has been updated 8 times, since 2008, including twice this year?

Oh and i would like to also add, CS Source has been updated 4 times since 2008, once being this year

yeah....

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  3. panZEr330

panZEr330 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280 @666/2333
    On one hand, seems a bit early for a new full release sequel...

On the other hand, do we really need to wait 2 or 3 years and have a sequel on a completely new engine with new system requirements?

I'm still on the fence. We'll see what happens, should be interesting.

4. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    All I'm trying to say (to everyone who has bashed Valve) is show them a little respect for what they've done for the PC.

Steam, Source and their games have revolutionized PC gaming. Fact.

But, at the end of the day they are a business like everyone else.

That is what I'm trying to prove.

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    agreed, and i will ad that even myself have not spent as much time on any one game then i have with valve created games, why? because they actually have fun multiplayer....modability that's widely accepted by the community...etc. If HL1 had never come out and the co-responding games made by valve also never released, i doubt i'd be into gaming today

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Valve doest his to earn MONEY lol..as we all do our jobs..iam not doing my job to make people happy. if Valve or who ever developed L4D cared with what people says, i should add chainsaw or other stuff people talking about in the L4D ass free addon or what ever. but now,,they put it on L4D2..so this is marketing.

7. esidyo

esidyo Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Radeon EAH4850 T0P
    Why did they do like this? After that releases, will people still play L4D?

and, L4D2 sounds creepy!

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    that's one thing that has crossed my mind, though i'll buy this game and probably will play both games, it seems like they'd just be breaking up the community rather then "bring" people over from the last game, seems a bit odd

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    im not sure if i wanna buy l4d2 , ofcourse i love the game. but what if they will release l4d3 with 5 more campaigns, different melee weapons and bosses.
    i also hope for a cheaper price, since i wont pay $50 this time!

10. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    I think the real "whingers" are those who cry every time someone attacks their religion, oops, I mean gaming company. How dare they! Can't all of you see that such a big company like Valve can't stand up for itself? How can you live with yourselves after you criticize these small businesses that struggle to make ends meet!

What's that you say? You don't like paying full price for a game that's half empty? Well, then just don't buy it! Oh, that's right, all game companies are starting to go this way... as evidenced by Valve here. I guess we'll just have to get used to getting our wallets raped if we want to continue playing AAA games. Or perhaps we should put our middle finger up to the big firms, and start supporting indie game devs a lot more. Once the bigger names start to realize they're not seen as Gods anymore (which might never happen), then maybe they'll come down to Earth.

11. Alwinp

Alwinp Active Member

GPU:
    4870 512MB
    There's the problem you know.

Every big company started devolping for consoles. MANY owners have no clue about gaming news. They just buy whats available.

Then we have those who buy games anyway, no matter if its half finished or not.

I'm sure valve will wake up after the ammount of complains on the entire internet. But if they actually consider anything is something else.

To soon to judge tho, L4D owners might recieve a discount on the game.
    I don't mind trowing down 30€ for this, but thats as high as i would spend on it.

12. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    Same here. If there's a deal in it, then sure. 60€ for the standalone game. 30€ for those who already have L4D. That would make it equivalent to an expansion. It could also work the other way round: you buy L4D2 and you could get a discount on the first. But if they expect me to fork out 60€ after having already paid something like that for L4D, and when they'll just do the same thing and release L4D3 a year later, then they can forget it.

13. strife045

strife045 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA | GTX 580 | SLI x3
    It is because I respect Valve which is why I am so surprised.

I hope more information is released soon.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i wonder if they will copy the Siren from killing floor :D

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    they coied chainsaw, axe..but they r original with PAN as i see..:3eyes:

anyway, if L4D2 will be below 14.99 $ i may pay for it...

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    you gotta wait for a weekend deal i think LOL

17. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
  18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    [​IMG]

No offense bro..not about u or ur post..its about that article :)

19. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    haha :)
    That's what I thought when I read it too...
    Let's see how things will evolve when they'll show the game during the comicon and pax expos...I'm curious to know valve's reaction to the playerbase feedback about l4d2.

20. Stromgold

Stromgold Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    I for one will get it. :) I paid 50.00 for L4D and dont regret it at all. I got many hours of enjoyment from that 50 bucks.
    I spend more just going out for dinner and drinks, which is always fun too :nerd: