Valve Announces Left 4 Dead 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Aura89, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    L4D rocked, bring on L4D2! now.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    ok wank mode is ON :wanker::wanker::wanker:

and i puke on u :puke2:

then look to u unfriendly :3eyes:

:infinity: and lost myself in the shades of eternity

3. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    hey now, i'm all for it like he is, i'd rather it'd be a DLC, or a cheap expansion pack, but if it's going to be a "whole new game" for 50 dollars, i'll more then likely still get it, as it looks like fun, it will be different, etc. i rather have it as an entire new 50 dollar game, then not have it at all

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI

6. acer

acer Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800gtx
    WhiteLightning: epic ****ing win man. epic ****ing win. L4D was fun, but killing floor is better.

7. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Yeah, that's a smart move!

Anywayz, no way I'm gonna buy L4D now, that they are planning to release a sequel...

VALVE FFS! Give us HL2 Ep. 3!!!

TBH I still haven't played Ep. 2 and I won't untill they release the Ep. 3. Then I'm gonna replay whole HL2 and episodes. Funny thing is that Valve decided to make the game in episodes, to get the games done faster:rolleyes:

Boy were they wrong, but I'm just wonderin' how much time would it take for them not to make the game in episodes, but make the whole HL3. Same time? Longer?

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Wow Ridiculous. Valve release L4D2, when L4D1 should have just been updated to LFD2 terms. This does NOT warrant another game VALVE! L4D2 is what you promised to be integrated into L4D1!

So ridiculous its not even funny.

9. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    This better be an expansion and cost no more than $25 otherwise it can **** off. I would have preferred EP3. Now that would be something I could look forward to. Adding new weapons, survivors and maps doesn't justify calling this a sequel. It's an expansion at best, but more like DLC if you ask me.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  10. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    You know, with the work that is going into it, I wouldn't mind it being treated as an expansion for $10 - $15. Sure I'd pay that, but not a completely new game.

They could have had a brilliant micro marketing campaign by making a more solid, core game, and then releasing add on packs here and there.

L4D New York
    L4D Buttnut Texas
    L4D Mideval Times
    L4D Middle East

Each with it's own 4-5 scenarios, but use the same 4 characters (dress them accordingly) and different weapon sets.

I'd love to see Mideval Louis hahaha.

11. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Honestly...I paid 50 bucks for the game when it came out. I had never felt so ripped off by a price. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but it was NOT worth what I paid. This new stuff should be an add on or at least only 20 bucks...\

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    medieval*

13. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    bah, although the game sounds alot better, this should have been an upgrade for the original l4d.

Valve got us full price on l4d and now instead of just adding new weapons and maps to the original, there going to make us spend more money on how the game should have been from the begining

14. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    They are not making you do anything... :3eyes: ...also,where does it say what the game should have been like from the beginning? What you are saying doesn't make any sense...

Valve are a business and they need to make money, they don't make games just for the love of it you know.

Edit: Can't believe some of what I'm reading on this thread... so many people bashing Valve for releasing an updated and expanded sequal to a great game.
    Valve has pretty much kept the PC going as a viable gaming platform for the last ten years and this is the thanks they get???

It's simple, if you don't like it, don't buy it! ...just don't whinge about it like children.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  15. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    the people that loved l4d will spend the money to play l4d2 just like i will.

all i was trying to say was that valve should have made this an upgrade to the original. no need to make a part 2.

and this is also a forum for us to speak our minds and opinions. so what are you trying to prove.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Nothing's impossible for valve if they can earn cash with it... valve's on a fast track of becoming the new EA, with the slight difference of delivering decent pc games instead of half assed console ports.

17. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I feel like such a tool

18. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    More weapons and daylight maps are the only things I'm looking forward to!

19. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Exactly. I said the same thing but in the News section. I felt so ripped off after buying it.

20. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    and the no installation limit DRM's...fast patches...patching games that have been out for 7+ years..i'm actually seeing absolutely no similarities between EA and Valve