valkyria Chronicles PS3

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Wanny, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Alright I just bought this game and I don't know why! :p I must be an exclusive whore.

Well reviews and opinions seems good overall. Looks like it's a good Strategie RPG.

I'll give impressions after some play.

2. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    I like this game, it's one of a kind & i really not into RPG or RTS but this game is worth playing, try out the demo if you like it if so then buy it : ), i sure will.

3. oka1992

oka1992 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    GT review watched, it doesn't look too bad

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    lol wrong post..i suppose i was posting to RE5 topic :D..sorry.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008

5. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Alright I tried some valkyria.. uh well 10 hours in 3 days. :p

I absolutely love it. The whole thing is presented in excellent story scenes as you advance. There are battles in chapters.

The game features strategy gameplay, RPG elements, 5 classes, a tank to control. upgrades, special orders, leveling system, changing equipment. It's huge.

There's also bosses, neat bosses actually. You gotta think before moving units and you gotta put them safe before you let the ennemy move. Pretty challenging and fun.

LOOKS GREAT! That's all I have to say. Very well animated. Gorgeous PS3 game. Worth every penny. Exclusives ftw!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2008
  6. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    How's the difficulty? I played the demo and loved it but I'm afraid the difficulty will ramp up near the end.

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Yea it gets pretty difficult lol. Well you never really fail a battle... BUT performing well can be hard. And you get rewarded for performing well.

So it you suck in the battles, you will suck forever lol. But you can do upside battles for leveling and such. This game also has 1 v 1 online potential seriously.

8. tobiasboon

tobiasboon Member

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS 320
    Picked this up over the weekend for £19.99 at Gamestation after playing the demo a while ago. Bloody good so far after a few hours, gorgeous looking with a distinctive art style and a really well told story so far. The battle sequences are great and I found it very easy to get into and get my head round. Best thing I've played from Sega in a long old time. :)

9. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    im very tempted to pick this up, there are about 4 games i want this xmas for PS3, should have some good gaming sessions.