1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V-Sync, PES6 and Windows Vista

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by RickGW, Jun 12, 2007.

1. RickGW

RickGW New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    Hello,

For some time now I (and others) have a problem with the combination of v-sync, PES6 and Windows Vista. When I have kitserver enabled, and I set 'force v-sync on for Vista' in ATT, the game never starts and I get an appcrash error. When I disable kitserver or 'force v-sync in Vista' the game runs fine, so it's a combination of those two. But PES is very ugly without v-sync and this is the only game for me that doesn't work correctly in Vista.

In XP it all runs fine.

Ray, do you know of this problem and what causes this, and is there something you can do?

Thanks!

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Have no ideas. What is it kitserver ?

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    As far as I know driver is not allowed to force v-sync in DirectX applications anymore in Vista.

From NVIDIA (same thing for ATI):
    "Selecting Vertical Sync (vsync) from the NVIDIA Control Panel does not affect DirectX applications.
    Due to architectural changes in the new Windows Vista Window Display Driver Model (WDDM), the graphics driver can no longer disable vsync from its own driver or Control Panel. Selecting this option from the NVIDIA Control Panel will have no affect on DirectX applications. For applications that use Direct3D on Vista, use the vertical sync setting within the application. We are adjusting the help text in the NVIDIA Control Panel to make this clearer to our customers."

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    This can be conflict between ATT and that kitserver. Because ATT use injecting technique to turn VSync ON in Vista that kitserver can use same things for its own reasons.
    BTW. If you turn off VSync on ATT can you see FPS counter and FlashOSD?

5. RickGW

RickGW New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GTX+
    Well, kitserver modifies the pes6.exe file so that it uses data from the kitserver map which contains all kinds of add-ons for PES6. I'm sorry, but I don't know if I can see the FPS counter when kitserver is disabled, because I went back to XP for this problem, so I don't have Vista anymore. Maybe someone with the same problem can post this info.

It's only with this game, with other games I have had no troubles at all in Vista with the 'force v-sync' option on.

BTW, thanks for checking on this one, Ray, I really appreciate it. Keep up the good work, ATT is a fantastic program!

6. bointus

bointus Member

I do not have the problem with kitserver/v-sync. But forcing v-sync in nvidia ctrl-panel makes no difference in pes with vista. It did with XP.

7. Jakuchu

Jakuchu Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X700 PRO (128 MB)
    Sounds like it's not such a good idea to upgrade to Vista if I want to play PES 6 without problems. Damn those architectural changes in the new Windows Vista Window Display Driver Model.