UT3 Demo not working

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ViolentReaper, Oct 14, 2007.

1. ViolentReaper

ViolentReaper Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia PNY GTX 560 Ti
    Hey guys, so when I download the UT3 demo, it says:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\Binaries\UT3Demo.exe: Modified executable code is not allowed. Please reinstall the game.

Ive downloaded the demo from filefront and gamespot, and each time after i install the demo and am ready to play the game, this message appears. I'm baffled at this point. Suggestions?

2. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 980Ti Gaming
  3. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    Well, I downloaded it, installed it, and every time I try to run it, the little UT3 logo comes up, and a little program box that can't be maximized, and then the ut3.exe stops responding. I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 btw. Anyone know how to fix this?

4. evilfury

evilfury Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    Happens to me also. Im on XP 32bit.

5. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    I tried the Version from Torrent but it just started up then closed on me. The splash screen come up and then my screen goes black. The it just crashes back to desktop for some reason. tried re-installing it with AVG (anti-virus) disabled but no go still. running XP-32bit and Latest Nvidia Drivers =/

6. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Don't you have to uninstall AVG?

7. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    its a 64bit problem. there is an easy fix check out the other thread.

8. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    uninstall avg, kk ill give that a go and see if it works, but I would of thought that you have to uninstall it as when you close down avg doesnt it disable it?

9. Grahf

Grahf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
  10. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    Well, I tried that hotfix, even though I'm running Vista x64, and it still happens, UT3demo.exe stops responding, and when I try to patch it says "This application has failed to start because wxmsw262u.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

It didn't. Any other suggestions?

11. suzukhawaii

suzukhawaii Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX570
    Doesn't work for me either and I'm on 32 bit XP. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and tried newest drivers I plain give up. I just wont play this one and wait till it comes out :(

12. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    I got it to work on XP 32bit =), I actually had to uninstall AVG for the beta to work and omg its immense. Suzukhawaii thats what I would recommend, to uninstall your Anti-Virus software then try to play it. Also, with your firewall make sure aswell to set it so it doesnt block the game and it should work fine =).

13. georaldc

georaldc Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    It only works once or twice for me after installing the demo then next runs always result to a kick back to desktop error. Plus I can't get the heat ray map to work anymore. I even sometimes get a nvidia driver error once loading maps, or sometimes it just hangs my pc in a black screen. Lol, this is the first time I've encountered so many different types of freezes, lockups, bugs in a single game, and that was just on one day.

Got a question though. WHen I do get it to run, I was wondering what the post processing does. When I set it to intense, graphics just looked the same to me.