Using XP drivers in Vista really speeds Vista up

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Steamer2499, Jul 4, 2008.

1. RPGWiZaRD

RPGWiZaRD Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1GB
    Interesting, but does it really work on Vista 64bit, does the XP x64 drivers really work on that?

I'm dualbooting XP SP3 and a heavily tweaked for workstation usage Win Server 2k8 64bit build but use XP like 95% of the time due to 3D performance lacking in the other OS. Using XP drivers perhaps would fix that but I doubt it will work nicely with XP 64bit drivers on Vista/Server 2k8 64bit.

2. compuguy1088

compuguy1088 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD Radeon 5850
    You can also apply that to ATI drivers as well....they don't improve performance for older cards either. The only reason to even update the drivers for older cards is for better compatibility with newer games.

3. Buck Neked

Buck Neked Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog
    Wow, I installed 169.21 XP drivers and saw a nice jump in performance in all my games with my 7900 gs. Is there anyway to get rivatuner or any other oc/tweaking program to work with xp drivers in vista? I tried rivatuner and it wouldn't open up the driver options. I also tried evga precision with no luck. It would be interesting to see what else could be squeezed out of these XP drivers.