using DX11 DLL files onto an older driver installation

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by PontiacGTX, Aug 15, 2017.

1. PontiacGTX

PontiacGTX Member

GPU:
    AMD
    I am wondering if there is a way where I can use the new and most recent DLLs for DX11 drivers onto the installation folder that uncompresses in C:\AMD

to compare if there is an advantage coming from the libraries itself,and if there isnt an advantage what can I do to usse the improved performance from 17.7.2 and newer drivers on DX11 without installing 17.7.2, what files should I copy on the driver installer folder?

2. Y0!

Y0! Member

GPU:
    6770M 1 GB
    Why not to just put aticfx64.dll & atidxx64.dll into system32 and aticfx32.dll & atidxx32.dll into SysWOW64 after installing that older driver?
    If something refuses to overwrite - go to safe mode. But I wonder why to do it when you can put them in the same folder with each application's executable file and thus inject them into that specific applications rather than in the whole installation package?

3. PontiacGTX

PontiacGTX Member

GPU:
    AMD
    i shoudl try to add the DLLs in safe mode because the OS ask for special permisions to edit the DLLs on system

just because I wanted to do a driver installation that didnt require that hassle

4. DAMAFIA

DAMAFIA Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA8800GTS@675/1666/2080
    What about using Flem to add the dlls to the driver u want. An then install the modded driver it creates for u?. Hope that helps

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro Fiji-X HBM 1150/570
    O_0 Flem? Great Idea -> To have easy way to Tweak Drivers like in OMEGA driver Times :D
    Now i have my own Mod for Vulkan (You know :rolleyes: for All't'time 70FPS)
    Working NP in 17.8.2 & 17.9.1