Using Catalyst Drivers causes TV apps to freeze

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by andrewbarr, Aug 16, 2004.

1. andrewbarr

andrewbarr Guest

Hi, all--

I'm new here, I am having a problem with my graphics card. This looked like a good place to ask. I have a new ATI Radeon 7000 graphics card and TV Wonder card that is about four years old. If I use ATI's official Catalyst drivers, as well as ATI's official TV Wonder drivers, any PVR applications (WinDVR, ATI MMC, but not amcap/vidcap32) redline my CPU on startup and eventually freeze the system. Subsituting the BtWinCap (http://btwincap.sf.net) drivers doesn't fix it, but using Microsoft's Radeon 7000 drivers makes the problem go away. I really don't want to do that, because ATI's drivers have support for dual-head and TV-out. I have several years experience with PC systems and this one really bothers me. I had hoped that it was DirectShow related but amcap.exe doesn't have a problem. I have always used the integrated graphics on PCs I've owned and this is the first time I've actually gone out and bought an add-on graphics card. If someone could help me out when they get a chance I'd really appreciate it.

Andrew Barr