Using an ATI x1600 Pro 512mb on a nforce chipset

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Raven'sBlood, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Raven'sBlood

Raven'sBlood Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GTX
    I currently have a 8500 GT :puke2: (bad card i know) and would like to switch back to the x1600 pro. Now would there be any conflict if i use an ati card on an nforce chipset?

2. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    well i dont have any problems atm , i run the hd3870 on a nforce 550 chipset . not sure about the x1600 pro boards though

3. worthy

worthy Master Guru

GPU:
    2 ATI hd 4870 512s
    Nope, the ATI card will run just fine on an nvidia chipset. No crossfire, but single cards have no problems.

Everyone seems to make fun of the 8500 gt cards. While they are nothing spectacular, I have 2 of them that I played with for a while in SLI and with some overclocking and added fans they were fine with anything that wasn't too demanding.

I was playing Dark Messiah, bf2, and bf1942 with them with no trouble at all. They also played a mean DVD.

Perfect card for an htpc which is what duty they are serving now.

4. Raven'sBlood

Raven'sBlood Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GTX
    Right now its at 48 degrees clecius which is 10 degrees less then the 8500 gt. And the fact is that i have 2 120mm's point towards it and using ati tray tools to cool it down. Seems to be stable in games like Bf2 and red orchestra.