User rating system.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Zapmaster, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    You know what would be great adition to forums, a system where users could rate other users depending on how helpfull they are. So lets say someone helps you alot in a thread ,you could give them a star or some kind of other rating, this would add up ,and we could have top Gurus list or something and the rating could show up below persons user name. Not only would this encouarage less spam posts (since numbre of posts wouldn't mean much any more) and people would know what kind of advice they are geting. I love the forums right now, but this is just an idea. Thx.

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Not a bad idea however a bit hard to implement. I assume it's a downlaodable hack yet with every software update we would need to re-hack the code. VBB is releasing a lot of updates.

I'll keep it in mind though.

3. Neal

Neal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Ti4200 128mb
    only problem with it is that it could be abused...right?

4. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    Right, well people should just be able to give you let's say couple of points (depending on how well they fell you answered) ,so if somebody has a personal grudge against you they can't really affect you in any way, they just will never give you any points. But I guess it could be abused by users rating them selves via different accounts and such, but I don't think many people here would go thru all that trouble just for rating, besides even if they did there is only so much somebody can do. Oh and Hilbert thx for replaying ,hopefully you'll be able to work out something in future.

5. Vxheous

Vxheous Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    Twinke would, he sure had time for that stuff.......but then again, he's banned now......

6. Stang289

Stang289 Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4890 Crossfire
    I think the idea could work, just limit how many "points" a user can give a person to every 2 weeks instead of unlimited points, and no Hilbert and his staff keep an eye on accounts, lately they have been on top of there game, they know IP adresses and anyone with more than one account via IP and/or email adress is dealt with accordingly.