User Profile upgrade suggestions ... pleeeeeease :)

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mufflore, May 15, 2021.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Hi Hilbert,

I asked similar before, for more space to type in our component inventory in our profiles.
    It was denied and I understand the difficulty + database space requirements.
    But its getting worse with longer names of products and when more items are used than can possibly fit in the space given.

For example, the soundcard and speakers entry has only a 25 character limit.
    I cant specify my DAC, speakers and subwoofers without using very shortened descriptors and lack of spaces.
    This makes it hard to read and understand/get correct.
    Its not possible to fit the brand of most components in other fields, I can only fit the model and speed, or just the model with no other information (ie gfx card).

Another issue, there is no place to enter the display(s) we use.
    Is it possible to have an entry for this please?

Pretty please :)

jbscotchman, Truder and AsiJu like this.
  2. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    I agree, sometimes it's awkward trying to fit the hardware names or hardware combinations or even if we want to put in overclock settings (such as ram clocks/timings or CPU overclocks with voltages etc).

I also miss the old style forum that would show more info on our rigs along with our avatars etc when we post comments, it's quite useful particularly when people are posting troubleshooting questions, we often have to click on to a persons profile to see their rig specs, or what I've tended to notice, people forget to update their profile so when we look at their specs, we see the older hardware, often because people don't realise it's a part of the forum given it's less noticeable.

Mufflore likes this.
  3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Oki. I've noted this down. Thanks.

jbscotchman, AsiJu, Truder and 2 others like this.
  4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Wonderful, cheers!