usb conflict audio/gamepad

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DarkPoee, Oct 8, 2007.

1. DarkPoee

DarkPoee Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TI FTW3
    hi, i have a plantronics headset (usb) and never had problem till today that i plugged a logitech gamepad (usb), as soon as i plugged it the sound instantly stopped and songs didnt even play in winamp

i tested unplugging headset and rebooting and onboard audio + gamepad combo worked fine, its just the 2 usb devices (audio+gamepad) that cant work together i dunno why =( plz help me i would appreciate it

my mobo is a asus a8n sli premium, os:windows xp sp2 (profiles says diffs specs as this is another computer)

2. DarkPoee

DarkPoee Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TI FTW3
  3. DarkPoee

DarkPoee Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TI FTW3
    so basically this problem cant be fixed ?? at least some1 tell me which drivers handle the usb thing, the hid or something, where can i download some updates for them in a asus a8nsli premium :s

4. DarkPoee

DarkPoee Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TI FTW3

5. Gamer25

Gamer25 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 Core 216
    ok here's the thing you've got a conflict with the two devices. 1)make sure all you have the Lates bios and drivers for all hardware if that does not work, try manually changing the IRQ's or asigned them two different COM ports. If that does not work, which am sure it will, and you've got vista, give it a try.