US Prices of AMD Ryzen Processors Surface As Well - Starts at $316.59

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 9, 2017.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    If performance match and or beat Skylake which i doubt, I might be jealous for the 299 I spent for the 6700k I could get 8c/16thread. Talking about STP

and i dont fan of amd

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
  3. BRGEng

BRGEng Guest

GPU:
    RX Vega64 8GB
    No, but companies usually price things differently here in the US vs UK or EU. Some states have no sales tax, while others have about 8%. AMD was definitely adjusting for VAT in UK and EU pricing (to hit a certain overall price target).

If it's highly competitive in most performance areas within +/- 10%, I'd pay as much as $800. If it falls short in certain categories that aren't important to me, but excels in others, I'd pay up to $650.

So, I really hope it doesn't suck. We need competition in this market.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Man not bad pricing at all by AMD. If I were looking to upgrade I would go for one of those 8c/16t ones, but I am sticking with my i7 rig a tad longer considering software is still behind hardware however having the extra cores and threads will help with live streaming and video editing for YouTube.

There are very few games that go beyond 4 cores if there are any.

5. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Been using Intel for the past 6 years... Cannot wait for AMD to step up the game. Would be glad to get a 1700/1700X if it delivers on price/performance. I really don't want another faildozer.

Crossing fingers for a good result in the 3rd party benchmarks

6. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    looks like i was spot on the previews day post !

7. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    So, does anyone know of a good reason to get the 1800X instead of 1700X?

I can easily make up that 200 mhz with a modest OC (I don't plan to push it to any theoretical max either).

8. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I thought I read a while back that AMD would be binning according to chip quality, although these ones are all unlocked, you can pay more for a potentially higher OCable chip.

Its going to be interesting to see how retail chips pan out :)

9. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Can somebody explain to me whats going on? With the exception of the flagship cpu, we are looking at 8c/16t amd cpu going head to head with a 4c/8t intel cpu both in price and performance. It smells like another Bulldozer fiasco brewing. Yes, you get 8 cores for a good price, but if those 8 cores cant beat 4 cores, what does that say about per core performance?

10. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    That's because that probably isn't what's actually going on. As stated in the Euro price article, these 8c/16t models are marketed against Intel products ranging from $350 to $1050, or 4c/8t to 8c/16t. That's a huge range in Intel's lineup for a series of 8c/16t CPUs from AMD. There must be more to it than just performance, and price comparison is out of the question. Since we at least know from leaked benchmarks or from AMD's horizon event that AMD does have something that competes against i7s, I don't think all of these products are going to be disappointing.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Why are you linking me average salaries in the EU? Go ask people living in Romania working on minimum wage how much they earn.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The cost of living is also lower.

I think the original point was that people in the EU rarely consider or even know that US and CA prices do not include sales tax, and very often convert that tax free USD price into euros but don't add tax.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I was replying to this
    EU isn't really screwed, sure, most parts are ok, but there's millions of people earning less a month than a 8/16 Ryzen will cost so yeah, a lot of people ARE getting screwed in the EU. Cost of living is lower, true, but these things will cost as much in Romania as they cost in the UK, even more. I know this first hand, buying hardware for my brother in Slovakia is a bit of an eye opener, stuff costs more there than it costs here in the UK.

Same goes for your cars, electronics, etc. Even food prices have dramatically increased over the last few years, not to mention property prices. Those are still lower than in the UK... Saying that, buying a flat in Bratisla.va or Prague will most likely cost more than a flat in Birmingham.

14. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    "A lot of people in EU" is a huge generalization and coveys a different meaning from "a few countries in EU"!

And using the lowest number to justify whatever it is you're trying to justify works both ways. Close to 45 mil people in NA deals with $2 or less per day, yet you don't see me going around boo-hoo'ing people trying to earn sympathy when I myself am well off.

And people in poverty... trust me they are not looking to buy the latest Ryzen CPU :3eyes:, that's just absurd to even state.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Who are these people on $2 a day?

16. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Dot dot dot

Idk what kind of answer you were wishing to receive.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just curious about who lives on $2 a day in the US.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, but i think his post was just a simple "You are forgetting us in Canada also have to also pay tax on that price" and not a comment on anything deeper, which this thread could descend into.

It's not like they could reduce hardware prices based on average wages of a country. Romania would be full of people from the UK getting cheap flights and buying hardware, maybe in bulk to sell back home.
    Neverminds the online side of things.

19. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
  20. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    At no point did i talk about wages we where talking about the price of the chips and how eu has them so over inflated in price. and in canada minimum is about 800$ a month which is about 600 usd or 570 euro.
    the 7700k on newegg.ca right now is 550$cad after tax so it all works out the same in the end eu isnt the only one being raped.