urgent help needed with my pc yet again grrrr

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by bigblokey0, Aug 29, 2007.

1. bigblokey0

bigblokey0 Member

GPU:
    ati radeon hd 4870 x2
    turned on my pc just and the monitor said no signal so i tried a different monitor still the same problem so then i thought graphics card changed that and still got the problem now im at a lost the mb hasnt got onboard graphics so what do i do ?

and before anyone mentions about hitting it or throwing it DONT

2. Pat the Cat

Pat the Cat Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 6800 Ultra 425/1120
    OK. For some reason the PC isn't starting up at all (no Power On Self Test or POST).

You have tried a different montor and graphics card, so those are not the problem.

Make sure you have a power light. If not, it's probably down to no power going to the PC.

First, earth yourself.

Remove everything that isn't vital (USB stuff like printer/scanner camera, sound leads etc).

Then try everything else. I'd start with the cards and memory - make sure everything is plugged in nice and solid.

It could just be the lead for the power switch has fallen out.

If everything seems plugged in right, then it must be a failed component - either the motherboard, or the CPU, or the RAM.

If all 3 of these are OK, and the GFX card is good, and the power supply is good, you should get some sort of a video signal no matter what else is busted.

OK? Best of luck with it.

3. bigblokey0

bigblokey0 Member

GPU:
    ati radeon hd 4870 x2
    its a hardware issue ive got the graphics card the soundcard a firewire card and a dvr card i unplugged them all and it booted up fine so i then put all the cards back apart from the dvr card cuz i cant find a vista driver for it and it just kept rebooting itself but i then selected last known working config and its now working apart from i gotta install my soundcard drivers again i think it may have something to do with my soundcard im not sure it works with vista