UPS screwed up

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Tiger253, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    I was suppose to get a package today and UPS freaking gave it to the wrong house. It finally came at 7:30PM but drove past my house and gave it to one of the houses further down the street. I was just thinking hmm that could be there stuff and I was waiting for that truck to come back to my house to give me MY package but it never did. I didn't think of the possibility that they gave MY stuff to the wrong address when clearly the shipping information on the Newegg order confirmation was correct. So I waited... and waited... then looked up the tracking number on the UPS site and yup the status was: Delivered and at the exact time the truck came by. No doubt this is UPS' fault. This has never happened before. What am I to do now...

UPS gets a -1 :thumbdown

Anybody whose gotten a bad experience with UPS shipping is free to share their story.

2. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Surprisingly enough I've gotten a UPS package delivered to my door (contained some nice audiophile headphones) and I thought to myself, "When did I order these?" It wasn't until I read the packaging slip that it was meant for the neighbor a few doors down. Since I was in the holiday spirit, I politely gave it to the correct house. Unfortunately the neighbor wasn't as kind or generous as I was expecting and said, "Oh, thanks" and shut the door.

I should have kept them.

3. BobDoleWasHere

BobDoleWasHere New Member

GPU:
    3870X2 VisionTek
    Contact Newegg & UPS and tell them what happened. If you didn't sign for them then they are on the hook. If your neighbor signed for them, its fraud.

4. Infiniti3D

Infiniti3D Master Guru

GPU:
    8800 Ultra H²0

Thats also fraud:3eyes:

@Tiger253 I asume the people living further up the street were your package was deliverd dont have guns? I would go to them and ask if they recieved something they never orderd, maybe newegg printed and submitted the wrong adress to UPS. Altough, its not likely the complete adress is faulty so the neigbours down the street could have seen instantly (if it was your package) that it didn't belong to them without opening the box:3eyes:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009

5. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    Those shipments did not require a signature... I'm going to call newegg and ups tomorrow.

@Infiniti3D - I already tried, i went to one of the houses but they really didn't have it. I'm not going to check all the houses on my street.

The thing is, I'm getting the rest of my packages tomorrow and I don't want the same thing to happen, that would be very unfortunate.

6. NomadicX

NomadicX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1660 Ti
    If Newegg screwed up somehow on the shipping address they'll make good on it, if UPS did, they will as well. It's not as if you're dealing with new or irresponsible companies. Don't fret it man just make a few calls and get it worked out.

7. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Actually i've got a couple of UPS stories. don't like them that much...

8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI XC Ultra
    If I was you i would go down the street to that house and ask for your stuff since it cleary have your name on the box.IT might take a couple of houses, because they might feel guilty after a while and bering it to you. And you in up having two of said item.

9. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    Well this morning, a man came and left something at my doorstep. He didn't ring the doorbell or anything, just left shortly afterwords. And sure enough, it was my package that he got yesterday. It was very nice of him. Now I know if he gets my stuff again today, he'll return it to me... most likely xD

10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Bought a 400 disc DVD megachanger from Amazon. UPS delivered it and did not require a signature and left it on my doorstep. When I checked online and it said it was delivered I rushed home and it was gone. Either the UPS man decided to keep it for himself or someone decided to swipe it off my front porch. Luckily Amazon didn't ask any questions and shipped me another one the next day.
    Also ordered a copy of COD4 off of Amazon but it was shipped via USPS. Got an e-mail notification saying it was delivered but it never showed up. I thought it was stolen again but 2 months later (2 MONTHS) it arrived on my doorstep.

11. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I don't understand the signature policy...

I bought all my stuff from newegg for my pc, it arrived in 3 days as was expected and did not require a signature it was left at my doorstep.

I bought my monitor about 2 weeks later, and it required a signature. I missed the delivery the first day, so I drove down to the UPS shipping terminal to pick it up and since the driver had not returned I asked them just to leave it on my doorstep. They wouldn't do that since it was electronics??? why no signature for my order of computer parts, those are also electronics.

12. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    @ nhlkoho - That sucks waiting 2 months for a game! You could have went to a store and pick it up and start fraggin away.

Hey BigBlock, I've gotten a monitor too via UPS before and it didn't require a sig, that goes for everything else I've ever gotten.

It looks like you can have the choice of adding what they call value-added services for a cost. But if you didn't add that service then...

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/delivery.html

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/daily.html

13. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    Must of been something he didn't want. :nerd:

14. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I think it is up to the driver's discretion. For the most part, the newegg items ship in a brown box that says newegg on it...pretty discreet especially when you see it on the porch from 30 feet away. My monitor shipped in the box that I would have had at the store, it says LCD monitor Samsung, 24" all that stuff, so it would be a lot more enticing to someone who wants to risk stealing stuff.