UPS Misdelivered......

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by johnpark, May 30, 2008.

1. johnpark

johnpark Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800gts
    I ordered a 500gb hard drive, pioneer dvd burner, and pcc 610 watt power supply from NewEgg, and the package was misdelivered by UPS...

It makes me mad because I had 5 packages delivered that day from the same location. 4/5 of the packages arrived and only one of the packages went to a "Food 4 Less" grocery store and signed by some guy name Morales...

Wtf? My name is Park, not Morales :(

Has anyone ever had this happen to them and knows how long the claim/tracer process takes or whatever..

arghh. i have all of my other hardware waiting behind me to be set up!

2. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I've ordered thousands of dollars of stuff from newegg..and never had a package lost or delivered to the wrong location.. let me also add that newegg doesn't require a signature for the packages..as mine just left on the porch so when I get home its sitting in front of my door.

So I believe your story is a little stretched here..

3. CommandrX

CommandrX Guest

UPS will have someone sign if there a person there. So if they did deliver the package to Food 4 Less and Morales was standing there in uniform and/or name tag they would get his sig. Ever time I get a package delivered by UPS/DHL or FedEx to my shop I sign for it. USPS is the only I do not have to unless the shipper requested it.

johnpark call newegg and let them know what happened, they will be able to see that one of your packages was delivered to the wrong addy and rectify the problem. I do have one question why where your items in separate shippers, usually when I have multiple items coming form one vendor they deliver the items in 1 box/shipper.

4. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I worked receiving at a grocery store when I was a kid.Nothing comes through that door without a signature, and that's the store policy.It's most likely Morales signed for it believing it was expected merchandise, and was doing his job.
    Secondly, unless a guy named Morales ordered from NewEgg,the mistake was on the part of UPS.
    All said, sh1t happens.Sorry it happened to you, but it's so rare, I'd still trust the way NewEgg does things.

5. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    How the hell did that happen?

Feel for you mate , all the anticipation of new parts and your missing a crucial piece of the puzzle.

6. johnpark

johnpark Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800gts
    i have no idea why it was all sent in seperate packages

but yea.. i understand that mistakes happens, just a little annoying haha

I went to the food 4 less and when I asked the managers and employees they were all looking at me weird saying no1 named Morales works there and that they never received a package

I was a little suspicious of the UPS driver because he said that he built a computer recently when he saw my antec case. but i dunno, it is my first time with a problem from an internet order

I just hope it gets resolved quickly or that I get to see my merchandise in under two weeks..

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  7. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    Commandr: it all depends on where the products are stored. Not everything on Newegg is stored at every warehouse. One time i ordered something.... think i got two DVD burners, two 140mm fans, and two 120mm fan grills. the two DVD burners and 140mm fans i think shipped from New Jersey, while the fan grills shipped from Tennessee or something. I've already ordered stuff and some of the order shipped from New Jersey, while the rest shipped from California.

About the signing..... i think UPS typically has someone sign for the package if it's a business. I've ordered quite a lot of stuff from Newegg, even just over the past year, all shipped UPS, and i don't think i ever had to sign for a single thing. Sometimes i wouldn't be home and it would be on my front porch when i get home, other times i'd be home when i hear the UPS truck pull up to the top of the driveway, and i'd walk up and meet him half way. never really had to sign for any that i remember.

johnpark: sucks that happened. as Commandr said.... call Newegg and tell them about it.

8. CommandrX

CommandrX Guest

Yea forgot NewEgg has multiple warehouse locations.

9. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Naw not true.. again I've purchased over, let me look - over 6000$ worth of products from them.. perhaps well over 50+ boxes. I've been sitting on the front porch when they drove up..handed me the box and ran off. I've never once signed for a package from them nor have they requested it..newegg just doesn't do that at least in this area.

This just sounds like a error on UPS's..you do know these guys are really under extreme tight time with gas prices the way they are. They have to stick to Right turns if at all possible to avoid stopping and they run, don't walk to drop a package off. No sense in venting any longer about it...just wait another day and be patient.

10. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    I sign for my ups packages, unless I'm not home.on rare occasions some drivers don't ask for a signature, go figure!?

11. johnpark

johnpark Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800gts
    i forgot to add that i had to sign for my 4 packages also because I went out to help the guy out.. sometimes I have to sign and sometimes they just leave it at the door

why would i "stretch" the story

12. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    The UPS person doesn't ask for my signature even if I'm at the door. Make sure you give us some updates on the situation.

13. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I don't know why UPS drivers don't ask for signatures since they carry computers that track packages. I know of bad people following FedExp and UPS trucks and stealing packages left outside.

14. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    yeah, had that happen to me before too. Although it wasn't from Newegg, it was from BHphotovideo.

It was a little worse in that it said on the tracking that it was delivered to my house, though no one ever signed for it, nor did it ever show up...

Very frustrating, feel for you...

15. johnpark

johnpark Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800gts
    did you get your order replaced/refunded?

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Dude it was UPS not newegg....get it straight.

17. anthony

anthony Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6600GT top <- Smoken fast
    Your better off just going to the place it was delivered first. Im sure they have it sitting in a corner and they have no idea why its there. Then complain to UPS

18. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    anthony: i'm pretty sure he would have done that..... but seeing as he made a post about it, yet does not have the hardware.... fairly certain that the store it was shipped to isn't really located around where he lives.

am i correct, johnpark?

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    I ordered a CD player face for my car because the first one somehow fell and got ran over, this one fit on the actual player, but it wasen't made for it, none of the buttons were right on it, mapped wrong, it was acting dumb all around. I had to have it ordered from a local shop here that had to order the piece from the maker of it, UPS delivered it. So I take it back to the place, but they wouldn't refund it, their argument was "It fits, it works, it plays music, so can't do anything about it." Now I don't know if that's the mistake of UPS, the shop, or the actual manufacturer of the CD player.(Pioneer)

20. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    no it was straight.. the shipper dictates if a signature is needed...and newegg has never required a signature from any of my shipments... NEVER!

And I've made several thousands in purchases...many many boxes.