ups and fedex problems..bad luck?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by dsbig, Jun 4, 2011.

1. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    when I order my video card in march it was delayed a day
    order a case fan delayed a day
    order video game delay but delivered later in day: fedex keeps delaying my video games, 3 times already

ordered something from ecost, next day am(because I needed the package in the morning and I got it a week later...took them a month to issue refund for shipping

and now I order software from newegg and ups picked it up from them and then lost it, newegg is investigating, issuing a refund, and I had to redo the order.

WTF!!!! not a good year for me.. last year I had no problem with them.

I wish there was a local store that sold the things that I needed and at good prices.

2. Fri4rTuck

Fri4rTuck Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Twin Frozr II
    FedEx is crap here two. Their next day air always turns into a "devivery exception" on the tracking and it become two days. Other couriers make it overnight just fine.

3. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    its probably b/c of where you live =/ i have about 300lb of audio items coming in the next few days if they delay i will cry a little :(

4. Rebel975

Rebel975 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+
    Both UPS and FedEx are great where I live. Sucks to have stuff delayed though.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    it sucks to have stuff show up late or not at all. i can understand bad weather, but ups is horrible here. if i order something with a 2 day air shipping, it always turns out to be a 3 or 4 day delivery. no matter what im ordering. im not saying the company as a whole is bad, but around here they are and i refuse to use them.

i have never had a problem with fedex. my deliveries are always on time and it rarely comes down to them being late.

6. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Canada Post, Fedex, Purolator and UPS are all great in my area.

Never had a problem with them ever.

deltatux

7. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    NEVER had a issue with UPS that wasn't resolved quickly! The only thing I can think of that happened was I had paint delivered to the house and UPS put it on front porch with the box leaking. This isn't no regular paint either..it's Por15 so it ate through the box, and really stained the front porch so they paid for a gallon of paint to repaint it and the company that shipped it told me to keep what I had left and sent me two more quarts (expensive stuff and only 1 quart was leaking).

I've always had things show up on time per the start of tracking. Now depending on where you live there may be issues with traffic, accidents and so on that is out of their control. I don't like FedEx too much cause they require signatures too much and I'm often times not home during the middle of the day like many normal people I WORK!!!

Last but not least.. USPS has been AWESOME here lately with prices and shipping too and from me.

8. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I've only ever had one issue with UPS, and that was an extra days worth of delay, which carried something over the weekend, which was kind of irritating.

Actually, quite the contrary, most of my experiences with them are quite good, either of them, with Newegg, if it ships from TN, it usually gets to me within two days instead of three.

9. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I've always preferred UPS over FedEx, but it really seems to depend on where you live more than anything. Where I am not it's actually the plain old USPS that gives me fits... lol

10. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    I guess ups found my package. looks like it decided to take a road trip during the weekend, tsk tsk

[​IMG]

on this was to be delivered last friday

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

lol that looks like the tracking log for my cell phone i ordered last week. which was a ups 2 day air package. the phone got shhipped out of PA, somehow wound up going to indiana, then made a detour to texas, then to alabama, and finally made it to va. 4 days just to get it from PA to VA. FFS lol

VERIZON Y U NO USE FEDEX :3eyes:

12. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    fedex is no better my amp is stuck in ca since the 2nd and is to arrive tomorrow.

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i know not every area is perfect and imo neither company is. but i can count on 1 hand how many time ive had called fedex and complained about my packages not arriving when they are susposed to. ive lost count with ups.

14. bettisfan

bettisfan Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 650 TI boost
    Ups must have had a bad logistics bug last week. I ordered something on Tuesday evening with 2 day delivery. It left Colorado Wednesday morning and went to Kentucky and then to Utah and then to Idaho. I could not figure out WTF it would go to Kentucky from Colorado and then through Utah to come to Idaho. Very strange movements. I did however get the package on time.

15. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC