Uplay v3.0 coming soon

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 22, 2013.

1. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    All good. no plans to play FC4, absolutely tired of uplay crap. Unity doesn't interest me either, so no big loss for me by not playing games that use uplay.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I haven't played a Far Cry game on console in years so I pre-ordered Far Cry 4 for my PS4 this morning, mainly because Ubisoft's PC games of late have been very poorly optimised and/or buggy so it just seems a safer bet to buy it for console (Watch_Dogs for example ran smoothly on my PS4 from launch but it was a stuttery mess for months on my PC unless I lowered the settings...then it looked worst than on PS4!). You don't have to contend with UPlay on consoles either (it is optional and accessed via the browser).

3. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    I have a small hope that FC4 will be optimized well on PC.
    Not like AC4,Watch_hogz.ACU will be nothing more than a bad port.

4. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    I can with confidence say that your PC will run FC4 much better than PS4. I mean cmon GTX 980 SC and 4770K :D

I can run FC3 at max settings (post FX needs to be on low, though) with 4K downsampling at 60 fps.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014

5. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    ^ He wasn't saying his PC couldn't run the game. He was saying the ports have been so bad lately that what's the point in playing on your high end PC when the game is broken and breaks immersion due to it's poor coding. I have to agree with him.

6. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    But he's basing that on Watch Dogs, which is by a different Ubi team. He should be basing it on Far Cry 3, seeing as it runs on the same engine and made by the same team.

And Far Cry 3 runs great as long as you set the "post fx" option to low or medium.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    From what I know it is the same studio that is handling PC coding, Ubisoft Kiev, I think they've done nearly all of the PC platform "porting" for Ubisofts games.
    (But like you said it also varies depending on which game engine said titles use.)

8. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I have kind of lost faith in Ubisoft with their bad PC Ports..(not that others are better).
    They have released some good titles in the past and Ubisoft generally owns some good game franchises (which is kinda off a bad thing in a way),
    but in general their pc ports are kind of a hit or miss.
    Especially after the big disaster of a port that Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier turned out to be which i was really looking forward to,
    was a complete waste of my money.
    I swore to never ever pre-order or even buy a game from them again until after a games release date and since i simply don't trust any previewers or reviewers,
    i simply rely on actual feedback from PC players on the games state in general mostly to see how good or bad of a port it is.
    The last game that i have purchased that i haven't regret as it's performance was great out of the box was Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist.
    The worse thing of all is that Nvidia chose to partner up with Ubisoft for their PC ports.
    Nvidia working close together with Ubisoft to ensure their hardware runs best on their Game titles is just a joke.
    One example is Watchdogs which is still broken for Nvidia’s cards as this annoying stuttering issue that most PC gamers are experiencing is still there.
    It’s funny as you’d expect that such a title would not be plagued by such issues, especially when Nvidia is working so closely with the development teams.
    Ubisoft’s upcoming titles including Assassin’s Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, The Crew and Tom Clancy’s The Division will be Nvidia sponsored games which will include their GameWorks tech.
    ( idon't think i need to type them all in as i am sure you all know about their exclusive features such as HBAO+,Physx and so on.)
    To come to a conclusion all i see that is happening with the so called partnership (working close with the developers) doesn't necessarily mean that we will get a good PC port...
    In the end all we get is Nvidia's GameWorks tech splashed on top of Ubisoft's games weather it ends up being a bad (unoptimized) or good (optimized) PC port that we can enjoy without any major issues.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I dont use it that much, but decided to finalyl completely AssCreed3. So everytime i run game it installs patch? Is there a way to install them all at once? its so annoying!

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Looks like it is correct that it would be back, since, well, they are

I'm kinda curious as to where Assassins Creed Rogue is though