Uplay v3.0 coming soon

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 22, 2013.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    And no one cares. UPlay is a piece of **** and so is Origin. They should of stuck with Steam and negotiated a deal with Valve on the 30% they take from game sales instead of pumping more money into their own tech ultimately hindering the end users experience of having to have more than one application for their games.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Will I now be able to remove the Rayman Legend demo from my Uplay Games list which I downloaded and subsequently uninstalled from Steam? It was correctly removed from my Steam library but not Uplay despite the fact I also own the full game (so I have two icons for the game). There was no way to hide or remove it, annoyingly.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's a change log? Uplay 5 - new and improved changelogs!! God damn laggards.

4. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Nope, dead Rayman Legends demo still showing in my Uplay Games library and still no way to remove it. Uninstall brings up the Program and Features control panel applet but there's nothing to install since it is NOT installed! Clicking on Play opens up Steam ready to redownload the demo.

Ubisoft really do employee some crap coders, they really do...

5. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I really like Uplay, I'm glad they keep improving the client.

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Well at the rate Ubisoft are improving, I'd say that it might be reasonable by... ooooooooo... 2020. C'mon, the software is backward compared to even Origin as there's no way to display Games by Favourites, Installed, or whatnot like Origin and Steam allow.

I've just tried to remove the dead demo link for Rayman Legends by downloading it from the Ubisoft Store with the intention of uninstalling and hopefully getting rid of from my library and guess what...? I now have TWO Rayman Legends demos that I cannot get rid of! I've done some Google-ing and I'm not alone. Apparently there is NO way to remove Uplay demos so they're left in the Games library along with all the installed games. As such I have three Rayman Legends icons: two demos and one for the actual game. :bang:

So, yes, Uplay needs to keep improving... massively because at the moment it's lagging behind Origin and Steam by about 3-4 years IMO.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Earlier today Ubisoft pulled Far Cry 4, Assassins Creed: Unity and The Crew from Steam UK.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisofts-biggest-2014-games-axed-from-steam-in-uk/1100-6423402/

It seems that they might taken it a step further now and pulled all three games from Steam worldwide.

https://steamdb.info/app/298110/history/

https://steamdb.info/app/241560/history/

https://steamdb.info/app/324330/history/

(The game itself is still on Steam but it'll probably disappear shortly.)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  8. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Can someone tell me the logic/good in this?

On the surface as any other person would say 'OMG they're doomed! they don't want their games to sell I guess!'

9. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    They get a 100% cut of the sales instead of 70% like they do on Steam. The fact Steam just rolled over 100 million active accounts make this a pretty boneheaded move, though. Pretty silly to ignore an audience that size.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They probably wanted Valve to lower its share and think their games are big enough to survive on their own on PC. Less exposure for their awful ports, the better :p

11. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    If uplay does something shoddy, like enabling 24/30fps lock when their overlay is used for these new games, I'm going to stand up, throw my chair, and clap.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    They are attempting to break away and forge a bigger name with UPlay.
    Trying to follow in EA's path with Origin.

It's horribly obvious that's what they are trying to do. It's why they've suddenly pulled the new Assassin's Creed and FarCry games. Driving people towards their service instead of Valve's.
    And Origin is only selling keys. Same as GMG does. Users will be able to take the key and simply register it with UPlay, where as if you buy through Steam the key is registered to Steam.

It's a business move. Not a great one, and one they will probably back out of when PC sales drop in comparison to the previous entries in these series (when they were sold on Steam).

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Actually, one has to see the good side of it: I was quite irritated as I bought Heroes of Might and Magic on Steam on purpose to avoid uplay, only to find out that I have to install uplay anyway. Silly me for not checking, still such mistakes probably won't happen to others if they pull away.

14. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Good for them.
    Never liked Steam that much anyway.

30% of sales for practically nothing it's just greedy. Let's watch another big publisher take down their games and Steam will be left practically with indies.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    30% share is standard.

16. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    They can have 100% on uPlay.

17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I never liked any of those DRM-enforcing platforms either. But as of today, you can't really go by without them. And of all of those I've experienced so far, at least Steam does it's job the best imo.
    We'll see if uplay will do better than steam, I don't really see it happening though. I refrain from using uplay and buying Ubisoft games anyway.

18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    well, i might not be buying ubisoft titles anymore

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/298110/discussions/0/620696522085395022/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/298110/discussions/0/620696522057795578/#p6

No one seems to be properly showing sources though.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    I saw a few posts on Neogaf speculating that it was an error but we'll have to wait and see, I don't understand what is taking so long in fixing it though since they've been removed for some 12 hours now and it shouldn't be too difficult to fix but hopefully this info is correct and Ubisoft just made a (massive) mistake.
    (However I thought Ubisoft had already pulled the games from Steam's UK region so why mess with the store pages further?)