Upgrading is Expensive,so....

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by kpatrickm, Jan 7, 2008.

1. kpatrickm

kpatrickm Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX
    Hello,
    Ok I know this is none of my buisiness,but.Where do most people get the funds to upgrade.I have been looking at the forums alot lately and it seams that alot of people already have really nice rigs,but even so a few seem to be talking about upgrading to the newest piece of kit when it comes out.Also personaly I think its a bit hard to justify spending crazy amounts of money everytime a new product arrives on the market,especialy considering that 6 months down the line an even better product will be up for grabs.Im just curious really.

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    dude you do what you wanna do i do what i wanna do.
    simple really.
    you cant take your money with you when you die,and the rest of the bills are paid so i spend on what i want if i can.

3. kpatrickm

kpatrickm Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX
    Im not saying its a bad thing.I would LOVE to be able to do it,but then again who wouldnt.

4. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Where do u get the money??

Umm Work?? lol.

Life = Money

Thats all Were here for.....Goto work...get money....spend money...repeat.

Whats the point in working and Not spending money...

Enjoy life Now otherwise its to late....

5. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    Ive worked for 30 years that's where my money comes from.As hobbies go to buy pc parts is not that expensive to other things.Im a audiophile and believe me you can spend silly money there.If your into fast cars or boats or planes well then your gonna need real deep pockets.I agree with others here you cant take it with you and life's too short so when i see something i want if i have the money i buy it.No point being the richest guy in the graveyard.

6. kpatrickm

kpatrickm Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX
    Calm down everybody.Its seems I have offended a few people with my question,it is just a question.As I said I am just curious(nosey).

7. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    lol no way not affended.

Just wondering why u ask wer the money comes from...

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    sry if i seemed hash,but sh!t i had a 1100usd chip that was late for deliviery.:)

9. ToolJar_80

ToolJar_80 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1x2 SLI
    When you love your hobby and have a passion for it, you'll find the money. Sometimes I'll spend every bit of extra cash I have (except beer money) for something new, and I'll live like a hermit the next few weeks!

10. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I get money to buy new parts by selling old parts, yeah I may have to add some pocket money to it but I always find a way.

11. kpatrickm

kpatrickm Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX
    Ok,what Im getting at is I have a job where I earn about £250 a week after tax.Then I spend about £200 on bills a month.So it takes a long time to get the funds for a MINOR upgrade never mind the latest and greatest.Im trying to justify a system build to myself(and my girlfriend)so help me out here.

12. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    What do you want me to say?? How about: nah nah nah nah nah....my computer is better than yours so you suck until you can beat me!!!!!!!!

Did that help??? BTW: I'm just f***ing with you...lol

13. DayDreamer

DayDreamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 @900,4300@1100mV
    I'm sure you did... me included. You sounded like "where the heck you people get the money to upgrade all the time?"

You work, you earn your money, you spend however you like it. Some people spend it on cars, clothes, diamonds, gold or whatever... As for us, we spend on our PC parts.. selling old ones...

Heck, I'm curious what you spend your money on?

14. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    Well 250 a week is a decent wage so im sure you could save 20 a week out of that.That would get you a brand new £1000 pc every year.Ive got m8s that ask me how i can buy a nice pc and they cant.Then you find out they are drunk every night and they smoke ect.Most here make sacrifices to buy new kit.

15. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    I hate spending money on anything, I'm really stingy! But when it comes to my rig, when I see a good deal and feel it's appropriate to upgrade, I try and scrounge up some money :)

16. i_am_vince

i_am_vince Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800Gts 320 OC (factory clocked
    i had the same question as you, how come others can pay all the upgrades while i'm eating stinky bread for 3 years just to for a new pc (okay, that's too much exaggerated). but like others have said, everyone has their own hobbies and willing to spend for those. what does bill gates spend his $$$ on?

what you can do is the control over your financial power. not enough money? then find a better pay job, buy bond, buy trust funds, etc. find opportunities to secure your own finances, no one can help you.

17. squirrel007

squirrel007 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480
    I have to agree with you. My son is really into model trains. Some of those thing cost on to two hundred dollars for an engine. You can easily spend twenty thousand dollars on a nice model train setup.

18. kpatrickm

kpatrickm Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX
    Well since I asked the question.The only thing that I spend my money on really is cigs and maybe a couple of times a month I go for a night out.So I take your point if I could give up the evil weed then I could afford to get myself a new rig after a while.I REALLY didnt mean to offend any1,Its just something I have often wondered about.Sorry.

19. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Money comes from my contractual obligations at work. I am employed to provide a certain service for my employer and for this I am remunerated!

I have a number of properties or 'houses' which i have purchased with my contractually earned money. I have then allowed people a 'lease' on those properties part of the conditions of the lease is that the 'tenant' pays money to me to live in the property.

I also obtain money by the process of what is known as 'selling'. This is another contractual arrangement were I offer goods for sale at (and make sure you understand this point) a higher price than what I paid for then. From this one receives what they call 'profit'.

Earnings+Rental Income+Profit from selling = Shiny new kit!

20. kpatrickm

kpatrickm Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX
    Man,I kind of regret asking this question now.Alot of sarcastic replies.Im all for sarcasam,but give a guy a break.A simple reply would be enough.If the question offends then dont reply.Mayb alot of people are up to shady dealing and they dont want to give a straight answer incase Im THE MAN in disguise.