Upgrading a monitor for gaming and TV

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by marij0nas, Jul 9, 2011.

1. marij0nas

marij0nas Member

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770 1GB
    Hello,
    I decided to upgrade from my 17" square monitor to new 27" :banana:
    I would like your help if anyone has tried LG's monitors with TV functions. I'm picking between two http://www.all-monitors.com/compares/lg_flatron_m2780d_vs_lg_flatron_m2762d . The M2762D is LCD and the M2780D is LED. I'm planning to use it for gaming with PC, rarely with a friends console (PS3), and for watching TV on evenings. The price difference is half mounth's salary, so I would like to know if it is wise to choose the more expensive LED one instead of the LCD. Or maby they're both cr#p;) tnx

2. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Well, for half a months salary I would consider something else entirely different to do with my money, like saving it.
    Now that said, I am no money minder myself and I know if I bought the cheap one I would constantly be wishing I had got the other one. One thing I have learned over the years is that a comprimise will always end up costing you more down the road.
    Get the one that you know you want keep it love it and then you won't be wanting better until better comes down the line.
    I have an LG TV and it is pretty damn nice so I imagine their monitors wouldn't be worse condition.
    Oh yeah, Link is broken.

3. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    I got the M2762D, and I can't say anything bad about it..
    Had some problems with the vga cable, but it got fixed with the dvi..

Anyways, I'm happy with it, although it was a bit expensive (payed ~290€ for it 1 year ago or so)

4. Russ369

Russ369 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Asus 27" LED is awesome just got one

5. marij0nas

marij0nas Member

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770 1GB
    I don't thinks any of ASUS monitors come with DVB-T tv tuner