Upgraded Net Speeds Not Showing On Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Irish Pilot, May 31, 2014.

1. Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD5850
    I had 30mbps service that was consistently at ~20-22mbps on my airport extreme. They recently doubled our service to 60mbps. When I direct line in to the modem I get those speeds, however wirelessly Im still getting the ~20-22mbps. Ive tried different settings on the extreme, different channels, etc. to no avail.

Thoughts?

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    It could be the router, but what devices are you trying to connect with?

Smartphones, some tablets just have crap WiFi and/or weak antennas. So you could have two things going wrong.

3. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte 3060ti oc
    Whenever you upgrade modem speeds its a good idea to power cycle the equipment. Unplug both the modem and router, for 30-60 sec, then plug in the modem and let it fully connect. Last is to power up the router and hopefully enjoy your new speeds

Edit- If you want to maximize your wireless performance you can use cell phone apps to find the best channel and such. Can really help out and they are free

This one is for android phones but I am sure apple/windows have something similar
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Are you using Wireless N or G ?

G will give you the speeds you are getting, N should give you full whack