Upgrade to Nvidia from Amd.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by nz3777, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    The RTX 2080 Super is the slightly better refresh of the RTX 2080. The RTX 2080 Ti is better than both. The price sounds about right, too.

2. Trunks0

Trunks0 Master Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    ... Just google the model of the computer. Should be able to quickly find out what the PSU is for it and determine if it's stand ATX or if that model use's something different. And further if an adapter is even available.

If it's something HP only... you may still get lucky and be able to e-bay a higher wattage PSU. Often companies like HP, Dell and Lenovo will have either a higher tier spec of the same model or another model with the same chassis that use's a higher wattage PSU.

p.s. Might also help for us to know the model as well so we can give better advice :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    nz3777 likes this.
  3. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    some 2080-ti you can overclock, others you can't. I have an RTX 2080-ti I bought from Nvidia, while I am very happy with it (bought it a couple years ago) I can't overclock, it has no room in the specs. if you are into OC make sure you get one that can. if you don't care, then just play and be happy. IMHO

nz3777 likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX6750XT 12GB
    Did you try undervolting it and keeping that higher freq?

pegasus1 likes this.
  5. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    I am not going into that stuff. Too much hassle and besides, it is one of the cards that has no overhead. I only stated it has that issue, or not able. I don't care. someday I can upgrade.

6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    It literally takes a minute, and provides the same or better performance, means less power draw, lower temperatures and a longer lifespan.

Undying, AuerX and Passus like this.