Updates arent working even when I check manually, any idea?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by klepp0906, May 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    Ive been updating afterburner manually for quite some time but finally decided to make a post about it. I have it set to check for updates but they never come. I'm on 4.6.3 stable right now and apparently we're already on beta 2 of 4.6.4 but it never informed me.

Just found out and hit "check now" in attempt to see if it was found. It told me no updates.

upload_2021-5-10_17-55-2.png

Any ideas on what could be going on? Same business with RTSS fwiw.

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I believe this only checks for released stable updates. AB has been in beta for a while now.

klepp0906 likes this.
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

I no longer make betas visible to everyone. Prefer to test it with experienced forum veterans instead of replying endless fake bugreports from those who cannot even install new builds properly.

4. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    man. I'm not gonna lie. Afterburner is an essential, and apart from missing a "boost lock" type feature, it is entirely comprehensive and without peer.

that being said, you must be beaten my dude. Every single thread ive seen you post in you sound either unhappy or downright condescending.

dont let the riffraff of the internet frustrate you into submission. Take a break if you need to :p

however, glad i asked. now i know i can uncheck it.

Last edited: May 11, 2021

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Yes, I'm absolutely unhappy that I daily need to waste my limited time on discussing something that was previously documented because there are new and new users coming here with third party issues, EVGA/ASUS/etc hardware owners demanding direct answers and ignoring search feature. As an example, missing "bootst lock" type feature is actually inside during more than decade for those who is not lazy enough to RTFM.
    You came here from EVGA forum and you probably see that 100% of user issues are NEVER being directly commented by EVGA software developers now. Just rare posts from PR employees like "we'll look into it, I'll pass it to our software team" which result in nothing. That's probably the only way to leave developers happy. They don't need to deal with forum hell directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.