Updated to 4.6.0 Beta 10 (14218) and now my Beta 9 Profile.cfg won't load

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by EeK, Jan 18, 2019.

1. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    Hey all,

I decided to update AB to its latest build (4.6.0 Beta 10 - 14218) in order to try the new OC Scanner function. Previously, I was on Beta 9 (can't remember the exact build).

As always, I performed a clean installation, removing all associated files and installing the new program from scratch. The only thing I did was save a backup copy of one my Profile.cfg files that contained my fine tuned manual OC curve, as I've done before when updating to the latest versions of AB.

I then copy/pasted that file into the Profiles folder and started the program. It shows up in AB as one of the five available profiles, and I can even click on the corresponding button on the GUI, but doing that doesn't change any settings, and clicking the checkmark button also does nothing, as there are no changes to apply.

Did something change between betas 9 and 10 that the Profile.cfg files aren't compatible anymore? If so, how can I "read" the information in my old backup so I can apply the same OC curve? I don't want to spend time fine tuning it again. My card (EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid) is a terrible overclocker and hitting the sweet spot for OC without any crashes in games was a major PITA.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    maybe you just copy&paste the section relating your OC curve instead overwriting the whole config file.

3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yes, I do that with fan curve data, but I only have 900 series so no OC curve data.

4. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    Thanks for the reply. Where in the text can I find the information related to the OC curve so I can copy it?