Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Caesar, Aug 18, 2018.
I'll wait for pricing here in the UK. If the 2080ti is under 900GBP, I'll probably buy one, if it's 50% faster than my 1080. Waiting game.
at least the desing are going to be cooler, I'm liking the evga and pny desings the materials look high quality.
probably to make worth the price
Well, none because I play at 1080p and my 1070's enough for it and will probably remain so for another couple of years without drastically turning down effects. If I did, I'd buy in the same class, it's been my best gpu purchase to date. Dunno what I would do if I were playing at 4k. The newest top end seems to be a necessity and I don't find the expense worth it.
edit: eh, apparently a GB less VRAM for the 2070?
Without knowing final prices either RTX 2080 or 2080 Ti as they're only really sensible choices over current GTX 980 Ti.
Still, not necessarily any of them and I'll definitely see how AMD responds with next gen Vega before buying anything.
Also 1080p gaming so 980 Ti fares just fine still.
Granted new features ray-tracing and ATAA sound very promising. All comes down to price versus performance in the end though.
Another reason why I really hope AMD can do better and kick NV in the nuts a bit with aggressive pricing. That should force NV to drop pricing as well.
I very much doubt that. The OP just got a speculative table from somewhere.
As aging as my video card is, I'm in no hurry. But if my old one suddenly explodes forcing me to get a new one promptly, I reckon it would be the 2070 most likely, assuming they don't cost an arm and a leg over here. If Hilbert finds the 2060 superb in his review, I guess I could consider it as well. It's not like I really need a lot more power, but the 2070 would probably feel better, purely subjectively speaking.
You know they will cost an arm, a leg and a kidney here
when can we expect reviews to go live?
Well first we wait for official announcement (tomorrow). Then we will know release date (possibly 1-2 weeks 2080/Ti and up to 4 weeks 2070). Reviews on release dates.
I think people may need to re-assess their upgrade options, lol.
2080Ti = $1199
2080 = $ 799
2070 = $ 599
Yeaaaaah. Now that we know the prices, I'm far less enthusiastic. Although after watching Huang's presentation, I can understand some price increase, also factoring in the ridiculous DRAM prices today, but money is still money, in the end.
Thats founder edition, otherwise the ti is 999, xx80 is 699 and xx70 is 499.
Still the Ti mode is expensive and the xx80 model costs like old ti.
If founders was just 50$-100$ higher on teh Ti, i might of ordered but i rather wait and get normal card and use teh 200$ to pay import taxes if im ordering from newegg or amazon.
P.S. Whats was the last slide in the video, looked like 2080Ti is 80Tf on the graph
at least we didn't have to wait a whole year for the ti release
I smell a 7nm refresh coming next year. Might actually hold off on these for now.
2 x 2080Ti for me, can't resist NVlink
Not even thinking about it.. especially after hearing the hands-on impressions of the Ray Tracing tech! Nvidia jumped on gun on this.. the tech is way too early they should have waited 2-3 generations before putting this on the Geforce cards.
Enjoy your 1080p and 30-50fps gaming guys!
Okay. I'm out of this train. Not sure whats Nvidia trying to do here but this ain't the average consumer GPU. Right now it feels like a gimmick just like Physix was once.
It sure looks good and all but performance/price ain't there. Bring back GTX and hopefully we'll see 2070/2080/ti branded GTX releasing in a year or so.
need a none option
You need not comment or partake in the poll.
But yeah... can't guess how many of the "2080TI" would wish for that "none" option right now.
Evga 1080ti FTW currently @ $649. Sounds like a better deal than any of the RTXs.