Upcoming Geforce GTX cards Use GDDR5X not HBM2

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    My experience with FXAA (and everything other than MSAA or SSAA) has been that I'd rather run without it. If I was going to run SSAA I'd not bother with FXAA :nerd:.

What now :3eyes:? They've held the crown for a while now but it's not been a 15 year run.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Whoops. Please delete this.

3. darkcoder

darkcoder Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    Where the big F do you got the idea Vega is late? Vega has always been schedule for the 1st half of 2017, which still a June launch will kind of fit.

But AMD has other problems: Production costs & availability of HBM2, with the apparent lack of a fail safe GDDR5 option, looks like they can be in a lot of trouble.

That's why probably NVidia took the safe bet of going to GDDR5X in order to have a new product with strong availability this year, and leave those next gen memories for 2018 refresh models.

4. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I couldn't give a rat's festering poochychie aboot all this 4k bull****. Give me my 144+ fps anyday over higher resolutions. I'm a diabetic with bad eyes so there is no difference between 1080p & 4k/5k/8k/16k/2048k/infinity K.

All those K's can suck it.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You realize July is the start of H2 of a year right? Vega is scheduled to release end of July start of August.

Vega is late I don't matter what AMD says. It's late. Nvidia has had no competition in the high performance sector for over a year now.

6. Exascale

Exascale Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    Should really up your intake of lutein and zeaxanthin(macular pigment forming, fat soluble carotenoids found in yellow and orange foods like bell peppers, saffron, egg yolk, paprika as well as leafy greens), as well as omega3 fatty acids. Your visual and color acuity will improve.

Thats not just for diabetics either. Anyone can benefit, particularly if you stare at monitors a lot.