Upcoming driver has huge performance improvements

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jaju123, Mar 22, 2014.

1. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    depends on amd to rip mantle, if they are efficient enough, it may be the better glide in the market.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I wish NVidia would teach Blizz how to fix WoW's graphics engine....

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
  4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I won't forget that AMD woke them up(Microsoft/Nvidia).

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    your knowledge of how emulators and how thing are emulated are lacking. a LOWER Level API is not gona off load anything remotely tangle back to cpu to help it emulated things. its ALL emulated on the CPU all of it and gpu uses little cpu power after that to render the screen. offloading that little load the gpu is using back to cpu is gona amount to nothing in terms something useable. take this argument to a actual emulator for and you will be told the same thing.

This is kin to people thinking ps3 can emulated at anything playable on current pc tech which wont, emulating it and actual being able playable 2 different things.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Even LOTRO has DX11 (and that game & engine is rather ancient now).

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Even WoW has some support for DX11....and it's graphics engine is over 10 years old.

I do play other games. It's just a very limited selection.

WoW, Diablo3, DA2, FarCry3, Medal of Honor (still trying to justify buying the last one since I own the rest of them).

8. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    If this driver fixes SWAT 4 I'm all for it :p

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    red= remove, blue= add

Like I said, while you are technically correct, you are seriously undermining the importance of the GPU and api backends.
    If you want to know what it's like to totally remove them out of the equation open up dolphin now and set the graphics backend to Software. Then see how well anything plays.
    Graphic api's are a serious bottleneck in dolphin. I feel like I'm talking in circles if I have to again cite the example of the new OpenGL extension improving speed, but then again, you are unfailable.

This is the second time you have talked like this. Like a kid in middle school almost, unwilling to compromise and willing to see reason. So stuck in your own endless loop of logic. Also this is very tiring, I have to read what you type 3 or 4 times just to understand your broken english and spelling. I'm not one to be a grammar *****, and I'm willing to bet this is not your first language, but seriously dude proof read a bit before submitting. This aint a chat room, you have time to fix up your post.
    And while you proof read, take a moment to make sure what you are saying even makes sense and is relevant rather then just puking out whatever your brain says. It would really save time.

10. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I do not see the jump from the r331 to r334 that this article suggests and do not expect to see it in the up coming drivers. I do believe that CPU speed is the choke and OC/upgrading it maybe just as important as running sli. Taking the load off the choke is a good thing.

"Even if that is the case, we will only really see these improvements surface in titles that have addressable CPU limits or very low end hardware"

Just fix Madvr NNEDI3 so all can upgrade.

Regards

11. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Not sure about this.
    But DX9 did limited because of the newer hardware feature can't be used for emulator.

OpenGL also is the newest rewrite.
    And I guess, lower CPU overhead=more CPU performance to processing other thing, without blocking it.

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2013/10/12/d3d9-why-its-not-part-dolphins-future/

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    This has me REALLY excited. I can't wait for this driver!! :banana:

I knew Nvidia was up to something, but it was really hard to say.

The fact that they are optimizing DX11 to this point along with working on DX12 with MS all that time is fantastic.

It seems they were able to up DX11 efficiency, from their experience working on DX12.

13. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yup, based on 4 years experience working on DX12.

14. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    True.

there is not that much title in my knowledge.

1 test that you should do and probably see improvement even with your overclocked CpU is Star Swarm.

improvement will mostly bee seen on not so fast cpu or system with fast sli card.

15. Scarlettimmy

Scarlettimmy Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 770 2 GB
    My GPU usage is probably 50-60% in BF4 while looking over the map in certain areas. Will the new driver help? I have a i7 2600.

16. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    yes it should unless something else is holding back.

17. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Props to AMD for Mantle, but let's not ignore the fact that they didn't optimize their drivers for DX11 either. If they knew this was possible then that should've been done instead of Mantle.

18. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I'm eagerly anticipating this driver, I hope it alleviates the CPU issues in AC4.

The drop of DX10 support has done more good than I ever imagined.

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Yup, and I wish it would have been done earlier. DX11 was always superior to DX10 and even DX9.

DX11 can be used with identical effects to DX9, but gains in FPS.

20. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Yeah, from all the fuss about this driver, i really think they manage to do something regarding AC4. Also, i don't think this driver will be different than the rest of drivers...