Upcoming driver has huge performance improvements

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jaju123, Mar 22, 2014.

1. johnslash

johnslash Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290
    But Would this driver have a massive improvement upon the GTX 7xx Series only or the 6xx Series as well ?

2. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Looks like it's for all DX11 based cards/games

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Interesting times I swear. I think this has caught everyone off-guard if it turns out valid.

4. AltS7

AltS7 Member

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 650
    DX9-only games: Next Car Game, BeamNG Drive Gas Guzzlers Extreme, Castlevania: LOS2, Payday 2 - all of them have a good look. On the other hand DX11-based Trials: Evolution and Daylight look awful. DX11 itself can't guarantee good graphics and DX9 doesn't mean 'old-gen'.

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I expected DX11.2 to bring in less overhead and better performance, but I really didn't expect it to be done on a driver level across the board with DX11.
    Hopefully there will be a review when this driver comes out.

6. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    Perhaps this new driver will be accompanied by new Maxwell(s) ?
    One can only hope ;)

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Nvidia have been increasing efficiency with there drivers . You can tell with some games like BF4 which with older drivers at release it varied fps a lot , now it much more steady , but Of course BF4 has been through many patches too .

These changes are suppose to be global changes in efficiency not game/app specific but we will see . there showing only 5-6% increase in real game here (Thief ).
    I am sure there will be reviews now with these claims .

8. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Unlikely but we can live in hope.

9. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    This will only improve DX11 where you are limited in CPU scenario. Its a bit like Mantle but for every DX11 titles.

Star Swarms Stress Test(Free on Steam) should give an improvement to about anybody as its super intensive on the CPU. This should the primary test.

Personal thoughts ,
    I think now that Mantle is more a Marketing thing. If D3D11 with Nvidia card can beat AMD own "Holy Grail" new API Mantle... and the fact that theses enhancement are working on ALL D3D11 (where cpu limited situations en encountered), I'm glad to be an Nvidian.

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    And it does not have to get patched in after release ie bf4 and thief (mantle)

11. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Many thing is for Marketing, and I wonder did this optimize will works on draw call or not.
    As MMO will always be bound by draw call.(too bad Planetside 2 will be start using DX11 maybe 1 year later.)

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    would be nice if it enhancements worked for ALL DX 9-10-11 games, But then anything they makes the developers move the hell away from DX9 and defualt to 11 is great. In fact I think MS should make it requirement at this point DX11 but i dont see that happen or them being able to enforce that anyway. All i know DX9 needs to die and games need to stop using it

If MS did what Opengl (HW+drivers=it works) none of this would mater but MS likes to make alot DX verison OS specific (HW+Drivers+OS) making hard to make the new DX to become default version used DX9 is how old now? and still used more then DX 10-11 DX 12 will have same fate for most part if they do the same crap

This the reason why I rather have OPENGL be used more and become more standard then it is. IT MS own fault newer version of DX dont become default cause they purposely fragment the user base. just to force sales of an newer OS. IF they made OS that was actually worth it ALL people it wouldnt mater but there fragmenting the user base there to. IMO MS need drop all code in current windows and write OS made for current tech and stop using OLD code. this is something I would buy even if it had that atrocious Metro BS i that i hate. all the OS share old code from previous version in some way.

MS is there own enemy when it comes to getting USER/DEVELOPER BASE to use newer tech and new dx and i dont think anyone cant refute that fact. well I sure they could but they would be just wrong as MS in that reguard.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah, I own quite a few dx9 games that can be cpu bottlenecks, would be nice if this driver affected those as well
    [​IMG]

X3 reunion or Terran Conflict are the biggest atm even with Oc'ed Haswell, single threaded speedups still not fast enough at 4.7Ghz lol

The rest is ok, there are some exceptions like Rift, RedFaction Armageddon and The Secret World (dx11), but overall im gpu limited now.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the majority of games I have are running off DX9 short of Skyrim and DeusEX HR

MS is there own enemy when it come to get the indursty to adapot new standards like new versions of DX I expect DX 12 suffer the same way cause they probably gona do same thing.

15. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Have to agree, the R&D that went into Mantle should of went into their drivers. Now they're only getting the low overhead performance gains in games that need developers to plugin Mantle which takes up more time, production costs and fragmenting the market instead of seeing that performance across all D3D11 games.

16. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I also wonder if the effects of this will be immediate for emulators that already use DX11.

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Honestly I don't think so, because the CPU limiting scenario here is a lot more on the emulation of the actual system than the D3D calls. (imo)

I could be all wrong here tho, emulators are not my expertise.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Relatively expensive emulators like pcsx2 and Dolphin are always CPU limited. When NVidia added the ARB_buffer_storage extension for OpenGL, the OpenGL backend became the fastest api to use for Dolphin.

19. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

zero gain in performance her .. thief at launch 72 fps now with latest patch and newest driver 335.23 i have 70 fps !!!!! i call this another bull**** from nvidia

ps

another dx11 game hitman absolution i have the same fps result with low gpu utilisation (CPU Bottleneck),and i tested with different driver version uncluded the latest one !

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
  20. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    um the drivers haven't been released so of course they aren't helping your framerate