Unwinder: How about ATI 9x00 to FireGL X1? SoftQuadro for ATI?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Spike Lee III, Jan 8, 2003.

1. PIXAR

PIXAR Guest

got them now also ;-)

2. coupe333

coupe333 Guest

i'll search, in the mining while go to the www.dell.co.uk
    to the support.

3. coupe333

coupe333 Guest

wich version?

4. schadow1

schadow1 Guest

Works great! Thanks Unwinder!

They work great with 1026 drivers which i downloaded at Dell. (Use google and enter 1026 firegl)

Amazing!

5. coupe333

coupe333 Guest

6. sorry to ask this but i sometimes use 3ds max, should i get the firegl patch? it won't help much on games i think.

as i got two winxp installs, i could have a softfiregl setup and a soft9700 on the other..

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

I'm glad that it helped you. ;) Yes, you've selected the proper one, but in fact it doesn't matter - you may select anyone, it affects the name of the display adapter only.

8. PaQ

PaQ Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 9700 Pro
    Same here ... and the Dell's one don't work here, maybe coz I have an 9700 PRO "build by ati" ... (I fact I don't see any adaptater listed when I try to install the patched dell R55024 drivers ... )

So if someone now where to grab this fireglx1z1-win2kxp-1021.exe ;) hellllllllllllllp !

(Unwinder you are an amazing guy :cool: !!!!)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2003
  9. i got the softfiregl working, but what is best? x1 or Z1? i have a radeon 9500np 128mb... i installed the X1 for now. dunno what are the changes (if any)

10. Unwinder

X1 is better. Z1 use 4 pixel pipelines and disabled HZ. X1 use 8 pixel pipelines.

11. dezire2003

dezire2003 New Member

Wont work?

I am using a Connect 3d 9700pro card.
    I cannot get the SoftFireGl to work. When I reboot and try to load the FireGl drivers I get the message "Windows cannot continue....". How frustrasting as I have uninstalled the drivers, card etc and downladed all the latest FireGl drivers, unzipped then to a folder, and basically followed all the procedures logically.
    Either I am missing a key point or something is totally wrong.
    Cannot some helpful soul point me in the right direction? Am I the only one here whose had this trouble?
    Maybe some 'clear' instructions, including trouble shooting may help.
    Thanks.

12. Unwinder

WARNING!

For those who cannot install the driver I strictly recommend to read my article first ( www.nvworld.ru\docs\sfgl.html ). Currently english version is not available so you'll have to use online translators to translate Russian to English.
    It contains all the instuctions and a lot of other useful info you need.

BTW the patch works fine with R55024.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2003
  13. coupe333

coupe333 Guest

Hi Unvinder!...
    do you know if there is a way to increase the refresh ratio in 1600x1200?, i get only 85Hz and i know i can go higher...

14. m_lee

m_lee Guest

thx

thank you very much mr "Unwinder" ;)

but the test have errors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gf4 vs softqadro ? what is what?

i have ati 9700 does it work with this card?

thx
    m_lee

15. coupe333

coupe333 Guest

Maybe you dont know it but riva tuner is not only for Ati cards, is also for nvidia cards!...

And yes is working with your card , but with the softfiregl pach, and not with the softquadro...

:)

16. dezire2003

dezire2003 New Member

nope.

Sorry Unwinder, the instructions make little sense unless tranlated into English, properly.
    I just find it utterly bizarre that I have all the necessary hardware and software, yet cannot work this damn patch! :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Ps. I have followed previous instructions.

17. lol its funny to use this firegl patch... because opengl performance its seriously affected (haven't tried 3dsmax though) and d3d is the same as it was...

soft9700 in opengl game: 100fps
    softfiregl x1 in opengl game: 15fps

how can this be like this? i didn't expect this decrease in performance. i hope 3dsmax runs smoothly

18. RabS

RabS Guest

I had the exact same problem with the dell drivers but the ones from ati 1021's work just fine

sapphire 9500np 128mb but i still cant use it as x1 only z1 i could cry...

does anyone know where we can get 1024 or 1026 from somewhere other than dell they must have put something in an ini file somewhere to block the installation if its not a dell product...

19. RabS

RabS Guest

i havent experienced much of a slowdown in ogl if any so i can only guess uv got some kind of bad reg key or something from a previous driver install or some problem with a setting made by a tweaking app or other...Just to add i installed softfiregl on clean install of winxp pro as a z1

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2003
  20. PaQ

PaQ Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 9700 Pro
    Ok, finally it's ok ... in fact I had some problems for uninstalling the ati previous driver ... so I reinstall them, (original radeon), I extract the R55024 and patch them, and I update the drivers in the device manager with AtiGl X1 AGP PRo Secndary for the secondary adaptater and AtiGl X1 AGP PRo for the primary one ... without uninstalling anything before ... and it works !