Unwinder announced removal of AMD GPU support for RTSS yesterday

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    That's why you don't. If there's a repeat question, put it in the FAQ and direct them there. If they want to engage more with nonsense just don't respond to them. There's nothing you can say to change their minds or even educate them if they aren't able to be civil.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

I see no other effective ways to stop false rumors about product spreading like a virus in different AMD fan communities. And I do not want to continue reading that RTSS developer is paid by NVIDIA to make AMD look worse in benchmarks. During the last few weeks, I spent a few _full_ days total on commenting it in different places like youtube and reddit and it is not going to stop and continuing over and over again. The same time could be invested into development and much more useful tasks. I see no serious problem if RTSS OSD will be disabled in just two games (Doom and Wolf 2) on AMD GPUs, both games have built-in detailed GPU/CPU performance overlays anyway. And it won’t be a problem for experienced users to reenable it, and at the same time it will force more users to read about the reasons of disabling it by default.

primetime^, plywood99, shaga and 8 others like this.
  3. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @Unwinder Agree.
    You are doing a good job for years now, just keep it up!
    Honest opinion, avoid commenting in general forums or reddit, this is your home, comment here or a single comment on twitter or reddit and that's it, a Single comment explaining the stuff.
    if you keep replying to people that will bring in even more accusations and it will hurt you inside.
    For anyone dealing with groups of community or any random people online, knows that the less we talk the better.

I do run an amateur youtube channel, and as soon as someone starts to comment any non-sense in my videos I don't even reply and let the other users do the rest against him.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    "Readme" what people really read is "Don't Readme", majority time I don't read them either but it first place I go if if I have some sort of issue.

Noisiv likes this.

5. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
  6. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    … did you read the rest of the thread?

7. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Nope and I am probably not going too either.

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    @yasamoka
    Haha like that guy who claimed 2080Ti is midrange, and you asked him to explain why and he said NOPE, and continued rambling

yasamoka likes this.
  9. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Someone actually said that.

yasamoka likes this.
  10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

11. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    I think your being brought here to post was a message from God.

You're exactly the type of person Unwinder is talking about. I'm glad you served up a perfect example.

Yep, seems like people no longer feel responsible for the utter **** they spew on forums.

12. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    No dude, I am just familiar with his modus operandi and am not the least bit surprised by his attitude. *Shrug* He does not want to support AMD, that is fine because to be honest, he has not really been motivated too or really wanted to bother with AMD for a long time now. Cry me a river and all that stuff.

13. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    In all honesty, AMD hasn't helped much. Remember when last year by 17.7.2(?) they changed the OC interface on drivers and many cards got their clocks locked when using 3rd party OC utilities. Unwinder did all he could in a very timely manner to correct it, and a new beta was posted within days. At least, AMD could have sent new SDKs for their AIB partners beforehand to update their software, that many their buyers rely on.
    Since then, on almost every thread on the official forum, there is still some clueless guy that the first recommendation he does is to uninstall MSI AB when addressing completely unrelated clock issues.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    HandR likes this.
  14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    He isn't removing AMD support. You're making a fool out of yourself.

15. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Quote from the very first post in this thread:

Some users have massive bug inside their knowledge. You did you "job", I'm removing support for AMD cards from RTSS, providing free tools for AMD community gives nothing but disappointment.

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Read the rest of the thread!! My goodness ...

17. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    A simple statement that's 'Official' on the Guru3D site for instance would be able to be referred to by users to quell these nonsense rumours. Removing functionality because of people not understanding what they are seeing isn't helping the issue or even solving/addressing it, it just makes those people think they were correct.

That simple statement will reach all the Techtuber's in the course of a few days and after short time it becomes common knowledge as it gets passed from those who see that info to the different fora and discussion boards. IMO a better way to respond than with absolutes or ultimatums or even removing something that's actually working fine.

Truder likes this.
  18. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Better yet, point out to me the point you are making that was pored in this thread.

19. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    This, it's professional and the proper method to deal with the situation rather than replying to some redditor adding more confusion, by making a proper announcement explaining the reason for removal of features would have dispelled any arguments. Labelling people because of their lack of knowledge is just disrespectful and heck, reading through the reddit thread itself, most of the users have come to the consensus that the tubers are in the wrong anyway so the community do understand the caveats with using the software.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    OnnA and Kaerar like this.
  20. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Either trolling or downright stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.