Unsolvable Z-fighting, LOD problems, AA issues and a lot more (RX580)...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by hellblade, May 15, 2019.

1. z8373767

z8373767 Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury Nitro 1070/600
    Honestly you must deal with it. It's looks normal, just on low resolution. AC3 is broken itself on PC, (multiplayer have more graphics option than story mode. I did custom cfg on single player) Imo, you should try some older title to be sure about it. I thinking about F.E.A.R 1 and sick Full Screen Anti Aliasing.

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    So, that's why you think that there is no issue when watching YT videos of same games recorded on 1080p or higher resolution. With Your screen it is basically downsampling.
    It is like playing game on 1080p screen which is actually rendered at 2880x1140 and downsampled.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Chasing ghosts

4. hellblade

hellblade Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580Pulse
    I don't understand how you can look at the video I posted with all those issues and say that it's alright. You can watch my video downsampled to 480p and it will still be visible.

5. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    its ok for your old monitor
    also af needs to be forced through driver

6. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Only way you'll understand is if you play on a higher resolution device - you're convinced that the resolution you're playing at isn't the problem (or isn't the major contributing factor) yet the majority of this thread have said it is as well as providing reasons why the aliasing is occurring - such as rendering methods used, technical limitations of games (Assassins Creed being an incredibly buggy game) and the main reason, low resolution used.

It's also worth mentioning, your TV has a lower pixel count than your monitor. 1366x760 = 1038160 pixels so the image quality will be lower and aliasing more pronounced with it being a lower resolution. Your monitor for reference has 1310720 pixels. 1920x1080 will still show aliasing when there is no filtering, I game at 1080p and I regularly see aliasing in modern games.

This is actually a good suggestion, play an older game, one with working multi-sampling AA, one known to work (Half Life 2 or Team Fortress 2 would be good examples) and see the results. Those games with them not requiring powerful hardware will indeed show you how it'll look when AA is working (as these games don't use deferred rendering).

7. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
    In your Radeon Settings app goto the gaming tab then open global settings along the top row you should see a setting named Morphological Filtering if that's turned off then turn it on

8. hellblade

hellblade Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580Pulse
    It is turned off. I tried all the settings already.

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    If im reading correctly , almost everyone here says there is no problem at all with the GPU or drivers.

The problem is probably your low resolution monitor, and i cant see anything on the video.

If you mean the jittering, then just deal with it.

10. hellblade

hellblade Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580Pulse
    Here's an example in 1080p:

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Works as designed... No AA = Aliasing.
    Too bad that game uses some contrasting geometry which make it more pronounced.

Maybe someone with that game can tell you if you can inject some FXAA or other thing that can deal with it. (I can't since I do not own that particular game.)

12. z8373767

z8373767 Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury Nitro 1070/600
    Install Reshade, turn on TXAA + Sharpen, tweak some other thing if you want.
    I did it when i played this game year ago.

13. hellblade

hellblade Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580Pulse
    Antialiasing is set on High.
    That is the problem. No amount of AA helps.

I tried that for Witcher 3, it was a bit smoother but nothing special. The point is, I shouldnt need these semi-functional fixes, because everything was OK at first. Two weeks of using this new system and boom - everything is terrible overnight.