Unreal Engine 4 Star Wars fan tech demo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Star Wars Battlefront 2 will be released shortly, however, this fan-made Unreal Engine 4 video puts to shame its in-game characters. Created by Baolong Zhang, this video shows Jyn Erso from Rogue One ...

Unreal Engine 4 Star Wars fan tech demo

2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Nice vid but it makes Jyn look old and the fabric physics look too light in weight, but thats just my opinion.

3. G0dly

G0dly Member

GPU:
    1080 TI
    Looks fairly impressive but fabric weight and I'd never trust someone that doesn't blink for that length of time, especially in that wind :) Wonder when they'll add fidgeting and breathing, oh and procrastination, it'd be a lot more realistic if you couldn't get your game characters to do anything because they were doing everything but what was required.

4. Seikon

Seikon Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8g
    Lara in RoTB looks more real then this tbh :/ my two cent's , specialy the hair

5. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Unreal 4 engine is so much better than Frostbite 3 engine.

6. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    No animation and nothing to say if this would be achievable in an actual game at a playable rate. Kudos to the modeler for creating a great looking Jin, but it isn't much past that. This could be created in FB3 or Unity as well since it's just a model.

CK the Greek likes this.
  7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Funny how picky people get nowadays. 5 years ago people would be going nuts over this or ask "so how many days did that take to render?"

Sure, it'd be nice she at least moved her head and eyes, but this is just a demo. Personally, I'm curious about the hardware used/needed to render this in realtime 60FPS.

8. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Wow, these graphics look great, I would say the face is photo realistic (looks real), would like to see that kind of quality in games, but I'm thinking it would take too much GPU power to drive.

9. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    This looks incredible... now lets see it translated to games! :cool::cool:

10. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Am I the only one craving a really nice tech demo/ benchmark? What ever happened to those? I've been searching for some benchmark to show of the true graphic capability of my 1080ti but there seems to be nothing new. Superposition benchmark wasn't that good looking.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Rogue One is best Star Wars movie made to date.
    +1 to this.

12. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    No it is not, the only good looking things in UE are those tech demos while if u try to play a game u have to check how bugged and broken Ark: Survival Evolved is or how simplistic (ugly) Fortnite is.

13. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    eyes are unnatural

14. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Have you not seen the original trilogy? Rogue one was great but I wouldn't go that far.

15. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    this video is...crappy one,sure it's technical great as a "promo" result but that's it, completely useless fan-wise sharing..

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Sure, bad acting, shallow characters. Almost comedy. But I did enjoy "Coke Nail" here and there. Those movies were at level of Indiana Jones. Except Indiana Jones had some scary moments and suspense.

Actors in Rogue One not only kept in character, but their behavior delivered their life time story effortlessly within minutes. Their motives were not empty like mind of Han Solo. Their determination and mindset could be rivaled only by Qui-Gon Jinn's.

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    WELL SAID finally someone else sees the truth and backs it up with the facts.

Rogue One was the best star wars movie, I actually cared about the characters in such a small amount of time. Not to mention they finally made Darth Vadar a bad ass within a 2 minute scene instead of looking like a boring stiff robotic idiot.

18. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Tried it with the light on and off....no difference(sarcasm)