Unknown USB Device - H100I gtx Issues?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dk_lightning, Jan 20, 2018.

1. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    I was messing with fan profiles in my UEFI this morning and noticed that my Corsair H100i was plugged into a fan header and a fan was plugged into the pump header so I decided to swap them over.... Then the H100i proceeded to crap its pants on me.

The LED went from white to pale blue and faded to very dim and the pump went to 100% and the fans also went to 100%.

Once back in windows Corsair link software does not show the H100i anymore and I have this Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor request failed) BUT I can not get to go away as I wanted to confirm it was indeed the H100i. I have disconnected every USB device and switched to a PS2 mouse and it is still there! I have even re-installed Windows 10 and its still there... the hell.

At the moment I have gotten my H100i to "work".. as in its not blasting the fans at 100% and the LED is white vs dim and busted.

I thought my UEFI was to blame at first and tried resetting it and a re-flash but neither helped. I have even removed any overclocking for the time being in case that was messing with something.

Anyway, I am fairly sure this USB device in device manager that's showing an error is the H100i as normal on a fresh install of windows I would see it show as H100i and its no where to be seen.

Is it time for RMA or is this fixable? Ill be putting in a Support ticket to Corsair as well me thinks. But I hope I can get it fixed my self.

Cheers

2. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    UPDATE:

This unknown device is probably the USB 2 controller..... The USB2 header the H100 was connected to is DEAD. I have connected it to my USB2 Front panel and 1 port works.. the other does not.

Thanks corsair.. your cooler has killed its self and my USB2