University Laptop

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by Omeguz, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    Well, after a lot of thinking and comparing, I think I'm going to go with the Rock Xteme CTX T2500, the same as the other model, just with a 2 GHz processor.
    Hopefully ordering tomorrow, I'll keep you updated.

2. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    heheh awesome.. Glad you made up your mind, it's totally ur decision after all. It does seem like one KICKASS laptop:D

3. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    After much back and forth, I have finally ordered my new notebook from Rockdirect.com! YAY!

It's theXtreme CTX T2500 and it will be delivered on the exact date I specified, as I am leaving for Thailand in...1 hour :D

Here are the specs:

I ordered directly from the supervisor, so he threw in a free dead pixel guarantee, which is awesome for a notebook!

So, I will be sure to post my review ASAP, but I'm off to shower before my flight now. Thank you all so very much for making this process so DAMN productive and easy. I appreciate all your guys' help, input, opinions and advice. You're the best.

Can't wait to get back from Thailand and get my new notebook from ROCK! :D

Thanks again! Back in 2 weeks!
    - Omeguz

4. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    Niiiiice! You are such a lucky bastard! You'r going to Thailand AND have a kickass laptop when you're back! My god.. Have a great vacation mate!

5. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    Hehe, thanks!
    Sitting in this tiny internet cafe, I'm here for another week. I spoke to the ROCK representative before leaving because I was worried about the notebook getting there on time. I get back from Thailand and then fly to uni 6 days later, so it's essential it gets to me on time. He reassured me that all was set for a timely delivery and that he would personally supervise the process (he's the sales manager). So anyway, my point is that this company is one of the most pleasant I've ever dealt with, I mean it.

I'll let you all know how things turn out!

6. Royicus

Royicus Ancient Guru

Hope it works out perfectly for you Omeguz. I'm thinking it will. Have a great vacation. Make good decisions!! :p

And yes, you sure as heck better let us know how that laptop works out for you :p

7. extermin8tor

extermin8tor Member Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTX
    dell xps series are amazing. great performance and not too expensive. previous posts had links so i wont add any.
    alienware is great but overpriced, though they have good customer service unlike some. *cough*toshiba*cough*acer*cough.

8. solidus636

solidus636 New Member

i would very much recommend a tablet laptop with a swivel screen. they are very good for taking notes in math becuz of all of those formulas.plus they are easy to use and most feature a core duo processor from intel or an amd turion x64. very powerful. I myself dont have one :(. but i do have an atixpress 200m graphics chipset which can easily play fear. which is a very graphic demanding game although it only plays it on the lowest quality. so I would recommend something from either alienware for gaming. or something from hp. Im not sure who makes the tablets. hope this helped.