Uninstalling Rivatuner Completely

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Devolve1981, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Devolve1981

Devolve1981 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 SC SLI
    Hey All,

So last night after trying to figure out how to get Darksiders 2 to stop stuttering with vsync enabled, I came upon a couple of forums suggesting the use of D3Doverrider to fix the issue. So I proceeded to download and install Rivatuner (D3DOverrider is part of the Rivatuner package) and give it s try. That didn't work at all, so I wanted to remove Rivatuner completely from my system. I used the Rivatuner uninstall and deleted all folders related to the program. All has been removed from the C drive and nothing shows up in the Programs list for Rivatuner

I am now concerned that something may be left behind in the Registry and do not want anything on my PC that would hinder performance at all. I am not too keen on deleting items from the Registry, however I would give it a shot.

Can I simply use CTRL-F to search the registry for "Rivatuner" and delete all folders related to that program? Are there only certain Rivatuner folders I should be deleting?

Will removing the Rivatuner folder from the registry remove all files and keys associated with the program or do I have to manual remove certain files in the registery

One thing to note is that I cancelled the Rivatuner Registry Builder that runs when you first open Rivatuner before it finished. I didn't know what it was and paniced....haha

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Search the registry for "Unwinder" and delete.

3. Devolve1981

Devolve1981 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 SC SLI
    Went home at lunch and searched real quick on the registry and found a couple things when I searched "Rivatuner" but they looked like file location for the uninstall and setup files not the actual Rivatuner program. Should I delete those as well.

Also, when I searched "Unwinder", one file came up and it was under HKEY " " " " " Persistant Files (sorry do not remember the long line of the file name) but that was the only thing that came up when searching "Unwinder". Do I delete the whole file or just the contents showing on the right side? There is only one entry in the folder and it says (DEFAULT) REG_EZ (Value not set)

Is there anything else that would use the term or phrase "Unwinder"? Sorry for the noobish questions but I honestly do not know and would not want to delete something from the registry to screw my PC up :(

Also should not that I am using MSI Afterburner and have been for quite some time. As Unwinder also created and work on MSI AF, will deleting the "Unwinder" folder from the registry affect MSI AF?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I'm on my laptop and on vacation for a few days so I can't look into on my desktop. I have both installed too.

Maybe best bet if you are really really nervous is to reinstall RT then uninstall it.

Deleting Unwinder on the left side tree is what I would do. Based on what you found while searching Unwinder and what you found, I would just let it alone. If RT is not starting and running you will be fine.