underpowered PSU can cause artifacts?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by W@w@Y, Jan 16, 2011.

1. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080

/checks previous page if there was a mystery post.

you are a bad person bigpipe :p :p :p

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    LOL, I played BC2 for one night, then uninstalled it, I hated the way it looked....

Yeah BF2 is old, but I don't play it now...only Project Reality which uses the BF2 engine.
    PR has a large and very, very loyal playerbase many been around for 2-3 years.. Hell, our server forum alone has over 1000 members....prob over 500 active. There are dozens of servers worldwide.

It's meant to be a mod, but really it's not.
    The whole game looks/runs feels nothing whatsoever like BF2...devs have done a fantastic job and made ea devs look like idiots really...

And the game is very....how u say serious? lol You practically have to pass an army medical to be in a server match lol... (not quite)

If u want to get the scope of it, check out realitymod.com. That's the central hub for all PR players/clans/servers/

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  3. Chaos9

Chaos9 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 6950 @ 1Ghz
    I assume your wife dont know **** about computers. When you want to upgrade something, just overclock the gpu as hell and you would go "see honey? It is in need of a replacement."

4. manuelitosimoi

manuelitosimoi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 Direct CU II OC
    hi sir good day.

I've read your post about artifacts. And i'm wondering if you can help me with mine? these are my specs.

CPU - i5 4430
    MOBO - Z87MX-D3H
    GC - Asus Geforce GTX760
    Ram - Crosair XMS3 4GB ( 2pcs )
    PSU - Silverstone Strider Plus 600W
    Heat Sink - cooler master si seidon 120v
    Casing - Cooler Master CM Storm Scout 2
    Hard Drive - 1TB WD Black

my GPU is the OC version.

sooo I'm getting artifacts on games like guild wars 2, minecraft, skyrim, diablo 3...

i tried using msi after burner and lowered gpu core clock and memory clock. and increased powers. i'm still getting artifacts.

Some say it's a bad card. replacing it would be wayyyy down the list. i can't afford throwing away a $340 card and but another $300+ card.

P.S can't RMA out of warranty from store. can't RMA to ASUS they don't carry in our country.

hoping for your reply.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What kind of artifacts?