Undecided about 2 power supplies.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MerolaC, Mar 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I've got two in mind,

SeaSonic x-750

And one that is very similar to which was reviewed by 3dGuru;

Enermax EPG600AWT

I believe both are top notch and I'm looking for one to support a 5870 (possibly with room for upgrade or another 5870).

I'm looking for the most silent one (that's why I picked the seasonic, since it's fanless at 2d mode or about), but also a very efficient one (they're very similar in that criteria). However, the seasonic seems to have a bit more out wattage output, and it is slightly more pricey (but money isn't THE problem).

Ideas? Thanks!

2. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    Are you gonna stop with that ONE video card? Personally i'd get something a little more powerful, like an 850. Spend the same amount. Maybe this?

3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    The only problem is that it's that slightly noisy (I want it as noiseless as possible, see, the seasonic one has no fan mode until 25% or about, and only 20db [nothing] until 50%).

4. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    well they're both very quiet...the Seasonic is quieter at low loads of course but the Enermax may be "silent" and the Enermax will be quieter at heavy loads but the Seasonic may not be heard over the GPU fan. The Seasonic does spin it's fan faster at similar loads and temps then the Enermax (after it turns on period that is).

The Seasonic has better voltage regulation and much less ripple and noise...I'd go with that.

5. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    Seasonic gets my vote

6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Thanks guys =).