Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Wanny, Aug 7, 2008.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well the PS3 has sat there since may 2007 and i only had a few games, with the R:FOM and MotorStorm being must haves......and we only used it for watching up-scaled DVD which it does brilliantly, but i am starting to really enjoy openness of the system it, not only because it's all i have left but i feel they have really improved the whole thing from way back when i bought it last may 2007 with the PSN and the connection issues......i suffered badly from the PS3 not staying signed in the the PSN for more than 5 Min's, and add that the the just terrible Warhawk online game issues, not joining games, crashing the whole PS3, not saving stats....... oh at the time the whole thing really pi**ed me off.......

But i have been really impressed with how the PSN and the PS3 seems more stable.......of course i am still missing my private chat and not having in-game custom music in every game, but i am loving the HDMI picture that i have(i had the old 360 with on component), i defiantly see a more sharper crispier picture, and the ability to stick any memory device into the PS3 and use it as storage/a backup device, brilliant feature......could not do that with the 360.

It has really grown on me in leaps and bounds these this last few days.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Yea I see what you mean. I really like how, when you buy a PS3, you already have lots of hardware and software features either with a good PS3 version (60 gb..) or Firmware updates. Let's face it, Sony are killing themselves in supporting the consoles, and they keep doing it for FREE. Sure you pay a good price for a PS3 and then after, it's FREE. The Wii is cheap and you buy it but you end up paying more for peripherals, etc.

PS3 is shaping up good. The future is very bright for it and I have no fear to keep doing my main gaming on the PS3.

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Also theres a lot of PS3 exclusives on the horizon.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    What's with these Wii peripherals that you're forced to buy?

I have, oh, 15 odd games, and I still have the default controller that came with the console.

5. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    I never know what to make of such statements. What is this based on?? I assume this come from some developer's statement, but even so how can this be even remotely true??

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    And it just keeps getting better, went into Gamstation and got drake Fortune, dark sector and marvel alliance(i sold this game with the 20gig JP PS3 when i had it)....all for £40.....PS3 keeps this up i may just get a stiffy out of it...:roll:

7. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    Nice read guys and it was just what I wanted couse I will finaly get a PS3 in the end of this month, then they will get out the 80GB version with a nice Dualshock pad and will definetly pick up Uncharted and Ratchet to!

In these games we truly can see what the PS3 can really do, it's way over anything the RROD crapbox put out :D

And yes I have owned the crapbox but sold it, it feels so souless exactly as the first crapbox.

My main gaming is on the Pc that will never change as I feel and to have a Sony / Nintendo console is the perfect complement to play all their lovely exclusives!

PS3 FTW :D

8. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i did the demo and seemed to linear. but it seemed like a decent title at the very least, just not something i'd buy.

someone mentione warhawk? i played it for like 30 minutes and never again. if it was first person i'd likely play it more but meh.

i havnt hardly played much of any of my games at all. either gettn too old or just losing interst in them.

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Maybe you should stick to PC gaming. You doesn't look like interested much in the PS3 at all, considering your previous posts..

10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    mainly gta4 and gt5, but your right, i havnt seen too many others for ps3 that strike my fancy...not much for pc either aside from farcry 2.

11. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    And I cant wait for the upcoming games from Sony.
    Team ICO or what they are called, ICO for the PS2 was totaly awsome. pure Japan bliss. they can do games that only MS can dream of :D

Sony have many games who start picking up steam and will come out in the coming years, one thing for sure PS3 is a great console just as the PS2 was, it just takes some time to get the power out of it but insteed we will get better and better games for many years to come and that is a great thing IMO. the 360 seems to be pushing the limit what it can do allready and as im a Pc gamer 360 means nothing to me, it's just that a cheap Pc for the poor man or the one who dont like to shell out cash for a good Pc and nothings wrong with that, but it aint my cup of te obviously :)

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    A nice new 320gig HD arrived at the door this morning too replace the 60gig in my PS3.....price.......£55 delivered.

[​IMG]

13. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    No offence, but that statement makes you sound like a omplete idiot. As a counter argument one thing i would say is graphics dont make a game. Not that im suggesting that 360 cant pump out some great graphics as gears 2 of was has demonstrated this point completely at E3. Imo i would rather play a titles like Fable 2 and banjo nuts and bolts then a perhaps superior visual experience like killzone 2 (idk, just guessing). I have both consoles and from my own personal experiene i have found myself purchasing more titles on the 360 then the ps3....

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    A console also isn't as demanding as a PC, so that helps out in getting visuals too.

15. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    Okey you may me right it come out in a bad way, of course I dont play on consoles for the gfx, but the 360 feels just so souless to me same as the first box. As I said im a pc gamer and the way I see it I can play whatever on the 360 on my pc in totaly superior versions and pc only titles aswell :D

But for my console fix the PS3 seems like a great machine it can put out good gfx and Sonys exclusive games that a like so it feels like the perfect companium for my pc. of course a console cant compete with a Pc with the gfx and I dont looking forward at all to Killzone or whatever FPS, I hate FPS on a console, FPS is something that ONLY a Pc will do, mouse/key and the best gfx and smoooth frames to go along. I luve the Pc and it will allways be the home for shooters and so IMHO!

16. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    In a way I agree with you, but you could always buy the adaptor which lets you use mouse/keyboard on the PS3 (though IMO it kinda defeats the purpose of a CONSOLE - using a wireless joystick, being able to play in bed instead of sitting near a table).

17. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    Yes Uncharted is great looking game. I have seen GT video review and they also said something like... (It is by far the best looking console game on the market)...

I read some where they are going to make a squeal to it. I would really love to see more PS3 games to set apart from 360 :stewpid: 360 has clear advantage in development and has very nice gpu also. For PS3 devs have to work more to make it look great :(

PS: I don;t care what anybody says LBP looks unique FTW :D

18. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    im pretty sure they are already making uncharted II?

19. genecrazy

genecrazy Guest

what...really?
    i have both consoles as well..but i havent touched my 360 since last november, why? because most exclusives on the 360 end up on PC, and/or get ported to the PS3 later on with added content (I.E, Eternal Sonata, Bioshock, Ace Combat, Gears of War, etc)
    I haven't found any good reason to own a 360 lately, except for Dead Rising, as most of their exclusives that stay on the 360 are waaaaaaaay too average or a casual game like Halo 3..

but thats just me...

I have more games on the ps3 than 360 because of the variety of games that the ps3 offers

20. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    Yeah I know but as you said it defeats the purpose of a console for me so its a no go, I want to lay down on the couch and play a nice plattformer/ action/horror/racing or whatever great game it might be but just not an FPS :)

All FPS I have seen on consoles is a joke, it's obviously the power aint there for such power pushing games. the textures and what 30FPS brr never I say it's dead to me hehe.

Thats what my Pc is for and as the multi format games, it's a Pc win no doubt.

But sometimes I just want to realax and get my console fix as I said and then a Sony console is perfect. they got so many great exclusive games I dont want to miss :)