Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Wanny, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Wanny

Wanny Guest

So I decided to buy the game and try it, reviews were quite good. All I have to say is : S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G graphics. I never been so much WoW'ed by graphics before. It's really much like a MGS4 reaction. The game itself is really fun and play wells.

I'm a bit late on Unchated but it's never too late I guess! What are your thoughts on the graphics? I'm hugely impressed on how PS3 exclusive can look THAT good. I will say that Uncharted Graphics really tops the quality of a good PC game.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Fun game. Good Tomb Raider alternative. :D

3. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Yup. It's like they rolled FarCry and Tomb Raider together and came up with this game.

4. Kaitoe

Kaitoe Member Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Uncharted does look amazing. And I think the next game to join the category of amazing graphics will be Heavy Rain.

5. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Yeah that game is only using 30% to 40% of the PS3 power so you know it look that good in 1080p O_O. damm the game cost $65 with tax but still i feel like import it from playasia for $30 but i got to wait a damm a week and a half. i was going to get warhawk but i am getting Brothers in Arms Hell Highway for PS3 next month.

6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  7. CommandrX

CommandrX Guest

+1 for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune truly an amazing game with awesome visuals. Definitely a PS3 most have game.

8. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    Played the demo, I even rented it and I loved it. For some reason I never thought about picking the game up until now. This thread reminded me about it, a must have for all PS3 owners. Good graphics, voice acting/cut scenes and gameplay...to think the PS3 is only using 30%. WOW.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    It's a fun game, combat is irritating though, and often too hard.

10. tobiasboon

tobiasboon Member

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS 320
    Great game, arguably the best looking game on the consoles at the moment and the cutscenes are second only to Metal Gear Solid 4 imo. Bit heavy on the gun play at times but overall Nate is a joy to control and in general the game is paced really nicely and has a really cinematic theme to it, along with really likable characters. Definitely a must have game on the PS3 especially now that it is so cheap.

11. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    Yeah, I just picked it up yesterday @ Gamecrazy. An almost new copy for $39.99, not bad. I would have liked it more if it was a greatest hit, but oh well.

12. genecrazy

genecrazy Guest

this game is really good!!! i loved it.

Naughty Dog also said that they think they're only using 40% of the ps3 power with that game.

Cant wait for uncharted 2 and see what it looks like ;]

13. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well I just beat the game. Seriously, I think it's been my best singleplayer experience ever. Yes, even more than MGS4. The game, with trophies, has been one hell of an experience. I'm already starting another game because it's so amazing.

HIGHLY recommended game. Even if it's short, you wanna play it more than once, that's for sure.

An amazed player. :p

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    so I take it this game is a PS3 Exclusive then? I remember seeing some screenies and they look great :)

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Yes it's exclusive.

16. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Yeah, it is an exclusive. I still haven't completed it yet. I'm about 90 - 92% complete. I really loved the scene climbing/hanging over the rocks at the waterfall as you blow the jeep up, and the Jungle chase. The Jet-ski scene up river was ace too!

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I am really thinking of getting this now and more PS3 games seeing as my 360 just went two read lights belly up last week.....might pick this up today, picked up PS3 Burnout and Army of Two a few days ago an i must admit to being really happy with it connection wise, lag free and really smooth, the comm's were a bit of a pain as i have never used a Bluetooth headset before, but after some fiddling about i was quite surprised how it all worked.

I have gained a lot more respect for the PS3 and its network from those few games....still a few things missing like private chat but i must say i am impressed with how much the whole PS3 experience has improved since i bought it way last May.

18. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    XP-200 did you buy burnout and army of two from game pre owned for £14.99 each :)

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I got them from Gamestation, i got burnout, Ao2,Lost planet Extreme condition and pirates of the Caribbean(that for the missus, honesty)......all for £56.

I took a lot of my 360 games down and just exchanged them seeing as my 360 is broken, pointless having them there and i cant use them, and i will stick the faulty 360 onto eBay and sell it with some more games i have left and all the peripherals..........i will miss my 360 but at this stage for me anyway its a false economy to pay £70 to get it repaired when i now really need one of those 120gig HD instead of my small 20gig, and i not about to buy the same console again.....

So i personally had no option, if it had went 3 RROD belly up that would have been different because the repair is free, but trust me too get that 2 red lights which they want £70 to repair.

But damn will i miss it for some of the games it has, Gears, Tomb raider, PGR, Forza, Just Cause, crackdown....plus i have lost all my arcade games(about 20)....:(

But the most important thing is that the gaming continues, so i hope to pick COD4 as well as Drakes fortune up today or any other wee bargains i find.:)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

IMO when you have both consoles.. you cannot fully enjoy either consoles. In this case, looks like you left the PS3 more for the 360. I only have a PS3 and I really enjoy it to the fullest. Right now, I even have my best gaming period. I'm really satisfied with the PS3. It cost about as much as keeping a good PC upgraded (HDTV, surround sound, etc..) but hell I love the Playstation Experience.

I may sound a bit PS3 fanboy but damn I took the time to like and play with my console. I have a LOT of play time with my PS3. Many of people here are PC fanboys and won't just admit it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008