Uncharted 4 A Thief’s End

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2014.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So far i havent watched any trailers for the last half year, im trying to avoid it all to have that special experience.
    And no doubt Uncharted 4 will give me that. :D

3. maxx126

maxx126 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    I am sorry but you'll be greatly disappointed with the 3rd. 2nd game is not only plays better than the others but also look of it is much more better than the other two.

I was especially shocked by the 3rd one not because of the fact that it looks like a.. (even though it's the last game so it should have looked better than the 2nd) but because of the nearly complete lack of hit reaction from enemies. Shooting mechanics were not good in other two as well but in the 3rd one it is completely absymal.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    PHP:
    I really want to like this game but I just can't get hyped for it. I've played a couple of Uncharted games but they tend to blre me half way through. I'm more hyped for Battleborn.

8. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    not gonna watch, not gonna watch :D

Damn i want to play so badddd

10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Not going to watch this NO WAY !!! :D

I can't wait any longer...

I hope the Collector's edition it's on it's way :D

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gaf members that managed to play UC4 earlier than expected had this to say:

"This is without question the most beautiful game ever made. The level of detail present is staggering" - MiamiWesker

"Graphics are on another level. Best overall presentation I've witnessed. Usually games are all over the place with some areas looking good and some looking bad. Uncharted looks good no matter what. Consistency with graphics is a big draw for me and ND have delivered consistency" - Venom Fox

"Visuals are mightily impressive the PS4 is a beast for a console and ND are just beyond talented in all aspects of game development and it really shows it's honestly just unbelievable for a console game" - Brigandier

"Graphics are jaw-dropping. Never seen anything like it" - Chalupa Batman

"It's the best playing, most varied, most beautiful game they have ever made. To me this is the new standard as classic or masterpiece of a game this gen goes as far as a total package" - SlasherJPC

Just some comments from people who have completed the game

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    lol its funny that its not on PC. while all the PC elitist always blame consoles for holding back pc.

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    ShopTo.net (UK) have shipped my copy today but somehow I doubt that it will arrive tomorrow. More likely it is with Royal Mail for delivery from next Monday but I dream, can't I?

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    lol, what a bunch of teasers :D

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Predictably the emphasis in those comments is pretty much solely on how the great the game looks as opposed to how it plays. Don't get me wrong, I am excited for the game but I already know from preview footage how stunning it looks so proclaiming the game to be a masterpiece just because of how it looks first and foremost rings a bit hollow. I am absolutely confident that the game will be great as Naughty Dog have gone from strength to strength with their games, peaking (IMO) with The Last of Us on PS3/PS4. If the new Uncharted plays half as well as The Last of Us and has the same excellent writing/acting then it'll be a fantastic experience all round. Shame it is supposedly the last in the series but better to go out with a high right instead of churning out so many sequels that the franchise becomes stale and diluted (e.g. Assassin's Creed!).

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Sadly that is the first thing gamers judge when they look at a game. Indie games offen get overlooked or even mocked for not have million pound budget graphics, no matter how good the gameplay. AAA or nothing seems to be the norm now.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Praising reviews all the way. Will definitely get it, but in a few months, at a more reasonable price.

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Wish I had not read that review as it is spoilerific as it talks about the story and characters for, what, three or four paragraphs rather than focusing on the gameplay and what makes this game an improvement over the PS3 titles. If you don't want anything spoilt then I would be wary of reading that review. Goes without saying really as it seems some reviewers have little regard for things like that.