Uncharted 4 A Thief’s End

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It might be more interesting with different game modes, but deathmatch wasn't my cup of tea. Uncharted multiplayer has always been an acquired taste.

2. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    It'll probably give me a month of fun after I finish the single player which isn't too bad really. More interesting modes could totally make it though, so we'll see.

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  4. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    That's the reason they make great games, being single platform is one of the best things to do when you want to push graphics and gameplay to another level. Once you go multiplatform you start to make compromises and thus you become Ubisoft, EA and so.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nah, a multiplatform PC version easily beats a PS4 exclusive version visually.

Planning on borrowing my brother in laws PS4 to see if this was is any good, he tends to be busier with the PC these days anyway.

6. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    :) i doubt it, we have a lot of examples of that not happening.

PS: Just finished Uncharted 1 today and started Uncharted 2, man the leap between 1 and 2 is huge :) from graphics to gameplay mechanics. I hope i can finish 2 and 3 before 4 get's release.

7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The leap was beyond that on the ps3 compared to the ps4 remastered. :)

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Even the very worst PC port is at least as good as the PS4 version these days, and I would expect Naughty Dog would but be the type of dev who if they did do PC would do more than a 1080/30 PC version.

The series peaked with 2, it's the only console game that had me scratching their head how they managed it, while the game itself was alot more enjoyable.

They had little room to do more with 3, while gameplay and story wise i was starting to get bored with the series.

9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tlos remastered is worth a shot if you like uncharted. :)

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Played an hour at Xmas, seemed nice enough although alot of that time was story so hard to say.

Do remember the shadows annoying me, but have since heard that theythey can be improved by turning into off the fps cap.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016

11. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Agree about 2 being the series best.
    Here, tell me that this game is not one of the best looking games released to date, relevant of platform:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4wWMe85Dgo

There are some scenes there that blows my mind. Can't wait.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It does look fantastic, but alot of that is highly scripted with the devs having control of the camera etc...

That video is of the better new ones, some of the more recent stuff I thought looked less impressive.
    Definitely think i will be asking for a loan of a PS4 for a few days to try and fly through this.

13. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    One of the games I bought a PS4 for and it turned out to be one of the best games I've ever played, an absolute experience and probably worth the console price on its own. I enjoyed The Nathan Drake Collection but TLoU completely outshines it. Uncharted 4 looks incredible from what I've seen and I'll be buying the special edition for the gorgeous steelbook, I fully expect it to be GOTY. I just hope they're working on TLoU2. It'll be weird playing it at 30fps though as both the remasters and the UC4 MP were 60fps.

14. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    I agree about the scripted part, but the dev's also talk about it and they state that the player will have most of the control even in cinematic, so i think all of what they presented is gameplay and playable.
    Also i don't know what recent stuff you saw, except the multiplayer beta which they said has the graphics dumbed down to keep the 60fps mark.

Anyway, i trust them to deliver what they said at first. All the gameplay videos they showed look as they stated the first time, and i also think that the first trailer they presented is an in game scene and that it will look like that when you will play.

Because, looking back, what they managed to pull with Last of Us on PS3 makes you think of what this team is capable of.

It's just my drop of faith that Naughty Dog is not like 90% of other dev's out there. :)

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Maybe, but for the most impressive stuff will likely be game controlled, it kinda has to when it comes to cinematic games like this.

I do like Naughty Dog, just never been a huge fan as i kinda went off cinematic games 4-5 years ago, but there looks like there has been more thought put into the gameplay with this game, and not just all the focus on story and graphics.

The video i saw was this one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgTJkCnKnqw

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016

16. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/uncharted

Is this the one you're buying

17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  18. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Just finished U2 and started part 3. I have to say i'm really impressed by the lighting they used, it has moments when it looks so like GI and realistic.

19. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  20. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Man, it looks awesome, the level of detailed the dev's put in everything is way beyond any game. And have to say, now, after finishing Uncharted 3 i can see how much they can do. U3 had some moments that made me stop and stare like an idiot, wondering how did they managed to do it.
    This will be an impressive game, let's hope i get my CE.