Unable to turn on SLI

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Neosporin, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Neosporin

Neosporin New Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    I am messing around with drivers right now trying to find some stable ones for my 8800 GTS 640 (Vista 64bit)

I have tried 171.37 but whenever I try to enable SLI, it asks me to restart my computer. Okay, fine, great, do what please Nvidia. After restarting, SLI is still turned off and when I try to enable it, same thing again.

I tried updating to 174.74 but after a while in games I get a weird full-screen black flickering that crashes the PC (no error screen, just freeze). It does it for the XP drivers as well as the 64bit Vista.

If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

2. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    This is extremely weird!!

I literally have exactly the same pc as you, except for the Memory and Ram. But we both have 4gb still.

I just recently had 169.44 drivers, were working fine, but just earlier playing CoD4 I got the full-screen black flickering that you've described. I also got this with the 174.74 drivers as you mentioned.

I have reverted back to the 169.28 drievrs which I have found to be the most stable for me so far, although haven't tried any games yet. I thoguht it was my graphics cards on the way out, but after reading your post it clearly has to be the drivers don't you think?? :)

I'm alos on Vista 64-bit btw.. If I were yiu, I'd recommend the 169.28 beta drivers, I found them to be an excellent set. They're not the best performers, but are stable for me, and should be for you with your similar system ;)

HyBrId

3. 30+MrGAS

30+MrGAS Member

GPU:
    EVGA2x8800GT512G92's
    V-Ultimate 64 bit

I use the 169.25's and used 169.38's both ok...not yet ready to try 174.74 but getting close.all is well with Crysis and GTR2,N2003:nerd:

4. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    Well I was playing Mount&Blade earlier (a great game that everyone should give the demo a try) and I didn't get any black screen lockups using the 169.28 beta's so I guess I'll stick with them for now, they seem smoother than the 169.44's did anyway. ^^

HyBrId