Un-Offical FASTEST Superpi 1m Thread & ranking

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by chickenRUN, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Freakezoit

Freakezoit Master Guru

GPU:
    POV 8800GTS 640MB @ 684/2232Mhz
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  2. Freakezoit

Freakezoit Master Guru

GPU:
    POV 8800GTS 640MB @ 684/2232Mhz
  3. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey ChickenRUN,
    I have no idea if your still up for updating this thread but I've been working and testing for a few days with my new RAM and just tonight I broke my old 1M record! If you get the time I would be greatful if you'd update the front page with my new time! Thanks ChickenRUN, much apprecaited!

[​IMG]

In case the above screenshot is too hard to see correclty I've posted a thumbnail view below with a high resolution screenshot, just click on it and the image should be easier to view (fingers crossed), lol!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  4. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

Roger. Its time to fight again with you.
    You beat my score.
    Actually, I have got a Golde Stepping Opteron 146 which managed to rise upo to 3.5ghz but It was for a collegue work.

Right now, Im using it at 3.1ghz using just 1.475v

This one doesnt like high voltages,. so, anything above 1.55v is not worth it.

Now, using another radiator in my water cooling helps me to easily reach 3.2 or 3.3ghz. BUt I dont want to be like that for 24/7.

BTW, nice score.
    Long Time no see.

Greetings.

5. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Kain,
    Great to hear from you, this thread hasn't seen much action lately! In fact I think it's been over a month since the last post, lol! Hopefully ChickenRUN is still up for keeping it updated? So that CABYE seems to be treating you quite well, 3.10Ghz with very little voltage, lucky bugger! By the way what Opty is it, probably a 144 or 146 as I havn't seen any CABYE other 144s and 146s I think?

I've had this RAM for a while now (this is what Mushkin gave me when I RMAed my UTT based Redlines for the forth time! I can't complain though, this 2GB kit is still letting me push it further. At the moment I'm Prime95 stable at 270Mhz and also 3D stable. Although I was able to run SuperPI at 281Mhz I have no idea how stable it actually is up that high? I'm about to make the step up to 275Mhz tonight and Prime95 during the night, wish me luck! Theres a good chance that the RAM will be stable up there but I have a feeling my 148 is going to run out of steam pretty soon, it might stay stable upwards of 3.1Ghz but I'd be very suprised if it did! I'm sure I'll have to put 1.55v-1.65v to get there Prime95 stable.

That is pretty awesome that your stable at 3.1Ghz at a measly 1.45v, I guess I can't complain though, lol! I'm suprised you havn't made the leap over to Core 2 Duo yet, of course I'd like to but I just can't afford it. I could be an E6600 or maybe even the E6700 but I certainly couldn't afford a new board and new RAM! OK I'll shut up for now, take it easy Kain and post some times with your CABYE!

6. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

Well Roger, its an Opteron 146. I didnt know I havent filled that in the achin specs... I just put the stepping and the clocks.

As Ive said, this processor loves low temps (no coldbug at -35ÂșC) and so there is no need for voltage (which when going above 1.6 makes it more unstable).

Now, I really cant afford an Intel Core 2 Duo right now, and I really dont need it. Im pretty happy with my RAM, with my processor and motherboard.

Maybe I could afford a good Intel mobo, withh a 6400 and some simple (maybe Corsair or Kingstone) RAM, but I really dont need it...

Greetings and lets see what your system can do.

7. chickenRUN

chickenRUN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 7950
    /Stumbles to life

Yea Ive been around, busy.. will come back and keep things updated again, need to change image links and so on.. will get that done tonight.

8. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
  9. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey RagDoll_Effect,
    First of all great time, the new Core2Duo chips are just amazing, simply amazing! Now I could be wrong (ChickenRun might have updated rules) but for your run to be valid you need a couple CPU-Z screenies. One with the main TAB showing and one with the memory TAB showing. On a separate note RagDoll what speed is your E6600 running at?

10. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some